IGNORED

Wow, what a warehouse!

Stingray

Someone posted this at one of the other forums I visit. I just had to share:

http://www.coinopwarehouse.com/pictures.html

It's sad seeing all those beautiful machines just sitting there gathering dust. I'd love to own Omega Race and there are three of four just wasting away in there. :(

If anyone here is near Hagerstown, MD you really should go check it out. I sure wish I was near there.

-S

Edited by Stingray

? Thats it,

Now that you guys know my secret, thats it for me! :)

Seriously, I have known Lloyd for about 6 years now. He is great. Who else has just about EVERY Atari game EVER made? Ever seen an Irish built Missile Command in a blue cabinet? How about a few Quantums just for good measure. There are frequently some of the most rare stuff in existance in and out of there.

Some tips for you about buying from there:

Don't nitpick. Know what you want, and have cash for him. He has thousands of machines, and wants to sell bulk deals. No haggling over 40 bucks because it has a scratch. Go buy a set of Hydrothunders and you can talk price. Over a 500 pac man? forget it. He's too busy.

Don't expect it to work. There are three or more of whatever you want, so go build one. He does not ship, so you have to go there to see it.

This is his full time business. Think of it that way. He owns a "Home Depot" size collection of amusement stuff. You really cant haggle with Home Depot, but you can pick and choose what you want to buy.

Bulk gets the price down some. Like anything, if the seller gets a desired outcome, the price goes down.

He and his son bought that HUGE warehouse about three years ago, and they have been doing this full time since then. I have bought probably 30 games from there in the last few years. I would totally trust him, and he will make good. Sometimes you may hear bad deals about him but I promise; follow my advice above and you will never have anything but good to say about him.

BTW, if you want him to find something, I think he still does that. Just be willing to pay for it when he does!!!

Cassidy

That's not that far from me ... I should check it out.  Unfortunately, those machines are big, old, dusty, and unreliable.

I want one anyway.

860474[/snapback]

Just ONE?!? :D

That was probably one of the most impressive set of images that I've seen in quite a while.

Oh sure, we all start out just wanting one. ;)

-S

860793[/snapback]

Seriously, if they would let me get away with a air matress and they can haul the bed out of my room (its not mine, its the governments), I'd have a pinball or a 2nd arcade or 3rd arcade in my room guarenteed. Thus the reason to build the mame machine, because I'm just a poor airman with very limited space lol.