IGNORED

Sega Saturn Games

Try the whole slew of Sega arcade games first. Ie: Daytona, Virtua Figther 1&2, Virtua Cop 1 & 2, Sega Rally...etc... These should be really easy to find...cheap too.

Other good games include NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon 1-Saga, the first person shooters by Lobotomy...Burning Rangers, Guardian Heroes...Saturn Bomberman...and I'm too lazy to think of anything else.

2D - 2 Player Games

Bust-a-Move 2: Arcade Edition

Darius Gaiden

DonPachi (inexpensive import)

DoDonPachi (mildly expensive import)

Elevator Action Returns (inexpensive import)

Galactic Attack

In the Hunt

X-Men: Children of the Atom

Other 2D Games

Scud: The Disposable Assassin

Shinobi Legions

Tempest 2000

3D Games

Sega Rally Championship

Thunderforce V (mildly expensive import)

Virtua Cop (Great 2 player game with Stunner Guns)

Virtua Cop 2 (Great 2 player game with Stunner Guns)

Powerslave (for the hidden Death Tank Zwei!)

Quake (for the hidden Death Tank Zwei!)

And don't forget to add an AR 4-in-1 for imports

example: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...roducts_id=1694

Few people know that the Sega Saturn is home to the greatest fighting game ever made.

Fighter's Megamix is the greatest fighting game, one of the greatest games period ever programmed. I practically wasted half of my childhood on this game.

861890[/snapback]

I guess I'm one of unwashed masses, never heard of it. Just googled a couple of reviews... VF & FV? Why haven't I heard of it? I love those games! Was it a Japan only release?

Whatever, just picked up an import from Japan on ebay for a grand total of $10 USD or $13.01 Canadian.

Can't wait... Can't wait...

Markimus of VF & FV!

Few people know that the Sega Saturn is home to the greatest fighting game ever made.

Fighter's Megamix is the greatest fighting game, one of the greatest games period ever programmed. I practically wasted half of my childhood on this game.

861890[/snapback]

I guess I'm one of unwashed masses, never heard of it. Just googled a couple of reviews... VF & FV? Why haven't I heard of it? I love those games! Was it a Japan only release?

Whatever, just picked up an import from Japan on ebay for a grand total of $10 USD or $13.01 Canadian.

Can't wait... Can't wait...

Markimus of VF & FV!

862845[/snapback]

Haha!! Fighters Megamix was by no means a limited release game- we got it here in England, and if we get it, the USA will DEFINITELY get it!!! Fighters Megamix, christ that brings back some memories, as does Fighting Vipers!! A Virtua Fighter type beat em up, only with better gameplay and fights in cages!!!

However, for me the defining Saturn game had to be Guardian Heroes. The range of characters available, from tiny little mutants to enormous robots that took up most of the screen (remember the one I'm talking about?? :D ), this game was sheer Treasure bliss :lust: You can never get tired of the huge rucks, with such an impressive number of players on the screen!!! Add to that the multiplayer support (am I right in thinking there was some kind of multitap thing so you could have 5 or 6 players??) and you have what I believe to be the greatest Saturn game!!

Also, try and get hold of one of the memory cartridges for it- they're becoming rarer and rarer these days, and you DO need one!!!!

Some other good games:

Exhumed (an early FPS, which we thoroughly enjoyed- ropey graphics though!!)

Nights/Nights Into Dreams- as previously mentioned- must be the second best game for me!! But try and get the Analog pad for it too, trust me, it makes all the difference.

Also, Christmas Nights- but be warned- v.rare.

Have a look here for the pad- they do have one:

http://www.consolepassion.co.uk/sega-saturn-hardware.htm

Virtua Cop 1 & 2- it is actually worth investing in two light guns for this- it's as much fun duel wielding as it was back in the arcade!!! :D Plus they are the best light guns ever released IMO.

Athlete Kings

Clockwork Night 1 & 2 were fairly entertaining platformers

Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition

Duke Nukem 3D

Last Bronx

Loaded

Manx TT

Panzer Dragoon 1, 2 and Saga

Parodius

Saturn Bomberman

Sega Rally

AND OF COURSE VIRTUAL ON!!!!

Hope that's of help.

AND OF COURSE VIRTUAL ON!!!!

GAH!!!!!!! How did I forget Virtual On?!?!?!?!?!?! Temjin and Arpheid were the coolest!!!

Fighter's Megamix definatley wasn't a Japan-only game. I got it the day I got my Saturn. The level all the kids love (and it's still my favorite) is Raxel's stage. It's a giant glass elevator in a busy city. The best part is at the end, when you finish off your opponent and WHAM! They go flying forever!!!!

There's no better action than the Virtua Fighters vs. Fighting Vipers. As a kid, I was more of a Fighting Vipers person, but I think I perfer the Virtua Fighters now. Kage was always my favorite, VF or not!

While Fighter's Megamix came out in the u.s i highly recommend getting the japanese version.  Same with fighting vipers they cut out some awesome secret characters in the us release of those games.  Like rent a hero number 1 and PEPSI MAN!

867792[/snapback]

We had those characters in the PAL release!!! :D