• Baby Pac-Man
    • Pac & Pal
    • Super Pac-Man
    • Pac-Land
    • Pac-Mania
    • Pac-Man VR
    • Hangly-Man or other hacks

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Which Pac Game do you enjoy the most? My favourite is Pac Man Plus but I figger Ms Pac will probably be the frontrunner in this poll :cool:

Fonzie won't make it without your help! :thumbsup:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69490

Edited by sandmountainslim

Baby Pac-Man. Sadly I haven't had the opportunity to play one in years. First time I saw one I thought that combining Pac-Man with pinball was just the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I'd love to add one to my collection, but it seems like the odds against me actually finding one for sale at a time when I actually have that kind of money to spend are pretty long.

-S

• 4 weeks later...
Which Pac Game do you enjoy the most? My favourite is Pac Man Plus but I figger Ms Pac will probably be the frontrunner in this poll  :cool:

Fonzie won't make it without your help! :thumbsup:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=69490

861233[/snapback]

I already voted for my favorite (Ms., because I can't remember any others besides the way-too-hard original), so this is on behalf of my brother. He used to :lust: LOVE :lust: Pac-Land! I bought him a Lynx, but he eventually gave up because he said it was too hard (even with the 330ne cheat...which, BTW, is a zero, not an "oh").

Also, I read an interview with Christopher Lambert (Highlander) a while back in which he claimed affinity for the original.

Had to be Pacland. In my local arcade we had Pacman, Ms pacman, Super Pacman and Pacland and of the four Pacland always had a que round it to play it. It was just so different from the other games for it was based on the tv cartoon series of the time. Still hold fond memories of it now.

I think I need to step back from games for a bit...I thought WAY too hard about this poll before answering!

I entered Baby Pac, because it is one of my favorite "memory games". I think favorites fall into two categories; "memory" and "actual" favorites. As a kid, there was a BPM at Shakeys pizza for a short time. I thought it was the greatest game of all time. I spent almost all my game money on it everytime we went. It was the third game I bought when I first started collecting games, and it gave me no end of grief. Never worked right for more than a week. Evil, I tell you evil. Ended up selling it and it broke on the delivery day.

Now I would say I love to play Pac the most, but I have a special affinity for Ms. Pac. She bought my Corvette :) One quarter at a time....

I really thought too hard on this one. Great topic!

Cassidy

Personally I've always preferred Pac-Attack. Funny how that's the least Pac-ish game of all. Still fun though. Pac Man arrangement deserves some props too I think. It goes a long way toward making Pac Man more varied and dare I say more exciting, but without screwing with the formula too much. Gotta dig those graphical updates also.

Voted Jr. Pac. It was the first arcade game I owned, sadly not currently functional due to a four-year old trying to help me shut it off... repeatedly. :sad:

I truly love this game. It's got just enough difficulty that I just NEVER GET TIRED of it.

Hi all

I voted for Pacland i loved it from the moment i first played it althought i like all pacman games Pacland reminds me of the Pacman cartoon/scratch cards in my younger days :)

I am surprised at the votes for Super Pacman,i was under the impression that this was not popular amongst arcade collectors/enthusiasts but voting here would suggest otherwise :ponder:

Pirahna is sort of cool for a hack :twisted:

Edited by jammajup

• 1 month later...

I voted for the hacks, since Piranha is included there, and I remember that game from the Winn-Dixie near my house (now a Gordon's of Kenner--a craft shop).

But I wanted to vote for Ms. Pac-Man Plus. I remember that from the Sunbasket Supermarket (now an empty lot) near my house. A Coke can for the first bonus "fruit"? Now that's classy!

Baby Pac-Man. Sadly I haven't had the opportunity to play one in years. First time I saw one I thought that combining Pac-Man with pinball was just the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I'd love to add one to my collection, but it seems like the odds against me actually finding one for sale at a time when I actually have that kind of money to spend are pretty long.

861520[/snapback]

PinMAME emulates it quite good, alas the game is bloody hard cause the monster behavior is a LOT different from the other games where they home in on you and reverse like mad. You practically have to hit the playpen almost immeadiately on the second and third mazes to avoid the monsters.

I voted for the hacks, since Piranha is included there, and I remember that game from the Winn-Dixie near my house (now a Gordon's of Kenner--a craft shop).

But I wanted to vote for Ms. Pac-Man Plus. I remember that from the Sunbasket Supermarket (now an empty lot) near my house. A Coke can for the first bonus "fruit"? Now that's classy!

902608[/snapback]

Ms. Pac Man Plus?? Wow, never saw that one! The only one I remember is Pac Man Plus. ;)

Yeah, the weird fruits were the coolest. And I liked the way that the monsters became vulnerable (though they disappeared also) whenever you ate the fruit. I always tried to eat the fruit when the monsters were nearby. That way it was easier to eat them, and they gave you twice as many points as when you ate an energizer. The only drawback was that most of the time, not all the monsters turned blue when you ate an energizer (and the one that didn't always seemed to be the one nearest to you!)

The fruits were a cola can, some kind of mixed drink, a pea pod, apple (like in the original game), purple grapes (instead of green), Galaxian, loaf of bread, and a stack of pancakes. The furthest I'd ever gotten was the second loaf of bread. This very site was where I found what "fruit" was in place of the key.

Ms. Pac-Man Plus had the same gameplay as Ms. Pac-Man, but with some changes:

the fruits would follow a random pattern that occasionally took them through walls;

and the mazes had lots of zig-zag patterns, meaning you have to be good at cornering to escape the ghosts.

I saw that at the local supermarket (now a vacant lot) and played it every chance I got.

Ms. Pac-Man Plus had the same gameplay as Ms. Pac-Man, but with some changes:

the fruits would follow a random pattern that occasionally took them through walls;

and the mazes had lots of zig-zag patterns, meaning you have to be good at cornering to escape the ghosts.

I saw that at the local supermarket (now a vacant lot) and played it every chance I got.

905747[/snapback]

Unlike Pac-Man Plus, Ms. Pac-Man Plus was a bootleg.

The fruit went through walls because they still entered at the same points as in the non-hacked version, even though the hack moved the tunnels.

Similarly, the ghosts slowed down when they were near the original tunnel location, not when they got near the hacked tunnels.

In other words, it wasn't a very well-done hack.

-DS-

I saw a working, though in need of TLC, one at an auction in December. I bid as high as $350 but it went for about $600-650. I didn't have the money for it.