IGNORED

7800: Hangly-Man (Sorry guys, I had to)

PacManPlus

One major note: The two dots that are right above the monster pen (on the blank maze) had to be moved. They were being erased by the 'PLAYER ONE/TWO' message (even though it doesn't appear on one-player games).

Enjoy!

Bob

I'm sure you guys know what's next, right ;)

HANGLY78.ZIP

post-1787-1139797517_thumb.png

post-1787-1139797524_thumb.png

Edited by PacManPlus

One major note: The two dots that are right above the monster pen (on the blank maze) had to be moved.  They were being erased by the 'PLAYER ONE/TWO' message (even though it doesn't appear on one-player games).

Enjoy!

Bob

I'm sure you guys know what's next, right ;)

864463[/snapback]

Very cool Bob! Other than the two missing dots is this identical to the Hangly Man which is set using the difficulty switch in your pacman binary?

-Jeff

Thanks!

The maze in the PacMan binary is actually New Puck-X. If you look closely, there are subtle differences between that one and Hangly-Man. (e.g. Hangly man has those three circles near the middle exit, and some other differences...)

Of course, Hangly-Man also has the 'random disappearing maze' when you eat an energizer starting at the Strawberry, and the 'empty maze' starting with the peach and every alternate board thereafter.

:)

@Bakasama - if you are referring to the 'what's next' comment - the answer is 'maybe'.... :D

Edited by PacManPlus

I've got one more up my sleeve ;)

865592[/snapback]

Pac-Man Plus? :D

How about Super Pac? Or Pac-Man Jr.? (That one would probably require a complete code re-write due to the scrolling screens.)

Anyway, keep 'em coming. My Cuttle Cart 2 hungers for more 7800 games!

I'd imagine Pac Jr. or Super Pac Man probably requires far more than a hack of an existing game.

While we're at it, how about bringing Pac'n'Pal to the 7800 (or 2600, though that may be tough) It's the Pac-Man game relatively few are aware of, and I haven't seen a home version of it for anything.

Thanks guys :)

Yes, it is Plus. I'm just trying to find a final bug and I will post it in a new topic.

As far as the others, it might be still a little bit beyond me... There are things I have to still learn (scrolling backgrounds, etc). Maybe at some point.