IGNORED

JagFest UK 2005

Stephen Moss

JagFest UK 2005

This years JagFest UK will be held on the 22nd and 23rd of October at the Medway Manor Hotel, Rochester, Kent, England.

I have been informed by Nick that The Hotel is under new management and that while this has resulted in a small cost increase the rooms are clean, painted and designed as function rooms and so we have plenty of space and tables. The cost for staying overnight is £30 (including breakfast) per person per night, based on sharing a twin room as usual.

I am sure some of you have been awaiting this announcement for a while, life (and for some new life) along with the search for an alternate location has delayed proceedings a little but hopefully we are back on track now. For the moment there are a couple of minor changes from last year....

1)

Anyone bringing equipment must bring their own display (TV/Monitor). I know this will restrict some people from bringing equipment with them, but what's the point of doing so if there are no available displays to connect it to.

2)

As there are usually no Sunday Day visitors the tournaments for Sunday will start earlier than last year, exact timings are yet to be decided but don't be surprised to see a 9am start, although there may be scope for any early day visitors to fill any remaining slots.

Speaking of tournaments, the set-up will be the same as last year with up to two running simultaneously on both days so if anyone is considering running a tournament PM me with details at either the JagFest BBS or Atari Age.

Details of the booking arrangements and the cost of weekend passes/day tickets will be announced once the website is updated, keep an eye out for these and other announcements on the JagFest BBS at http://www.jagfest.org.uk/ and the Jaguar forum on Atari Age at www.atariage.com

Hello,

This years JagFest UK will be held on the 22nd and 23rd of October at the Medway Manor Hotel, Rochester, Kent, England.
Great news, but I can't attend, unless perhaps we can work out a group Dutch

travel to the UK, that might save the cost and hassle of travel from Stanstead...?

Anybody from Netherlands really keen to attend again? TXG/MNX for example?

Of course if I'm travelling to England, it *should* be to be with my wife and kids!

Cheers,

Richard / JustClaws.

travel to the UK, that might save the cost and hassle of travel from Stanstead...?

Cheers,

Richard / JustClaws.

873449[/snapback]

Stanstead is still about an hours drive from the venue, you might be better flying into London if possible, its a little closer and probably easier to get a train to Rochester from there.

I think Sacha flies into London Airport from Switzerland, beng a smaller airport its probably cheaper than Heathrow or Gatwick if you can get a flight there. I'm not sure which German airport Mad Butcher flew from or where he flew to last year.

Cheers,

Richard / JustClaws.

873449[/snapback]

Stanstead is still about an hours drive from the venue, you might be better flying into London if possible, its a little closer and probably easier to get a train to Rochester from there.

I think Sacha flies into London Airport from Switzerland, beng a smaller airport its probably cheaper than Heathrow or Gatwick if you can get a flight there. I'm not sure which German airport Mad Butcher flew from or where he flew to last year.

874590[/snapback]

I will not be there I will go to the JHV 2005 an Atari meeting I missed last year because it was on the same date as e-jagfest...

I have to choose it's just to bad .. but I hope maybe at jagfestuk 2K6 I can be there :cool:

let me guess... Tempest?.... anyway looks good.. now need it as a logo for web page

Nick

ill be coming, nothing can stop me from attending!

im sure they'll be a few others that will come along. Just need to advertise!

*edit*

Had a quick stab at a logo, see what you think!

881163[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case you have not been checking the JagFest BBS I would like to remind anyone thinking of running a tournament this year to PM me the details ASAP - even if they only in a rough form as I would like to have the timetable sorted out by the 8th of August if possible.

Three of the four available Tournament slots are available (one on Sunday and two on Saturday)

Thanks.

Edited by Stephen Moss

Just in case you have not been checking the JagFest BBS I would like to remind anyone thinking of running a tournament this year to PM me the details ASAP - even if they only in a rough form as I would like to have the timetable sorted out by the 8th of August if possible.

Thanks.

898018[/snapback]

Silly question i know but will there by anyone selling atari gear other then JAG (like a8 for instance)

Might be willing to train it from the smoke but as it gonna cost at least 20 both ways, i won't to be making sure that i'm spending as much or more when i get there (wasn't so much into the jag, even though i used to own one)

Go on.... shoot me

Silly question i know but will there by anyone selling atari gear other then JAG (like a8 for instance)

I'm not exactly sure what an a8 is but Nick Harlow will be the main retailer there so if he does not have any then probably not although he usualy has a few bits of hardware and software for most Atari systems.

Might be willing to train it from the smoke but as it gonna cost at least 20 both ways, i won't to be making sure that i'm spending as much or more when i get there (wasn't so much into the jag, even though i used to own one)

£20 each way seems a bit steep. Don't let the name fool you the JagFest is open to all Atari computer and games systems, emulators and TOS clones.

Why not come and have a look anyway, go on - you know you want to.

I'm not exactly sure what an a8 is but Nick Harlow will be the main retailer there so if he does not have any then probably not although he usualy has a few bits of hardware and software for most Atari systems.

898683[/snapback]

"a8" would be Atari 8-bit computers (400/800/XL/XE). :)

..Al

hello stephen... sorry mate, i meant 20 pounds return (as in there and back), but that's not including getting to victoria or charings x (which ever one goes to rochester... cant remember which one) and also getting from rochester station to the venue, and of course getting in (i'm guessing/assuming that there's an entrance fee) and ofcourse something to eat mid day

For A8- as in atari 8bit (400/800/xl/xe and 5200)

Really mainly looking for dd's (1050 mainly) and any uncommon titbits, might look at the jaggies (as an 'emulation' platform) so if anyones got a cd disk full of jag game images at the show, def interested

But firstly, lets make sure that i've got readies to blow and also that AL QAEDA is'nt going to start bombing the railways (so i can get there and bk in one piece)

Really mainly looking for dd's (1050 mainly) and any uncommon titbits, might look at the jaggies (as an 'emulation' platform) so if anyones got a cd disk full of jag game images at the show, def interested

But firstly, lets make sure that i've got readies to blow and also that AL QAEDA is'nt going to start bombing the railways (so i can get there and bk in one piece)

i am trusting that there's gonna be more then 1 seller/retailer there, otherwise it's gonna be a bit of a damp squib... i like a bit of variety, some choice you know

Edited by carmel_andrews

i am trusting that there's gonna be more then 1 seller/retailer there, otherwise it's gonna be a bit of a damp squib... i like a bit of variety, some choice you know

899411[/snapback]

hmm, i think you have slightly misunderstood, JagFest isn't really a show... it's more of an event where like minded people gather to play, trade, sell, buy, drink and have fun meeting old and new friends.... we average around 50 people on the Saturday but have a lot of fun... if your expecting an event like a computer show with loads of traders then this ain't it.

Still hope to see you

nick