IGNORED

Brick Kick and Traffic

Rom Hunter

Here's an interesting question:

Which company came up with the names 'Brick Kick' and 'Traffic'?

It wasn't Home Vision, because they called these games 'Frisco' and 'Racing Car'.

It wasn't ITT Family Games, because they called these games 'Peter Penguin' and 'Hell Driver'.

My theory is that the names 'Brick Kick' and 'Traffic' are lost Suntek - Rainbow Vision titles, but I can't proof anything.

Has anybody got an idea?

8)

Maybe you're searchting too hard?
That's because some answers are too hard to find.

These could be names from a Taiwanese pirate company or even names that were made up by early rarity list makers.
My first thought too.

I just hope that somebody can proof these thoughts wrong by showing us a 'Brick Kick' or 'Traffic' cartridge, instead of just using their 'ghost' names.

8)

• 16 years later...

Digging up a REALLY old topic... Brick Kick was the name printed on a piece of paper taped to a pirate cart a USAF friend of mine brought back from Germany a very long time ago. It had DIPs for selecting games, which ended up being one switch to select half an EPROM with the 4K games, and the other half had the 2K games. It was simpler for me to desolder the chip and dump the whole thing, then split with a hex editor. Many of the [p1][!] dumps from the earliest Good2600 releases are these. I don't know if they were all eventually discovered as individual carts. My friend has been dead for many years (RIP). The cart pics are going to be on a flip phone or even my ancient Canon EOS film camera. If anyone REALLY wants them, I'll try and find them, but there are no company names on it, or I'd of put them in Good2600 instead of the company names we already knew about.

..and yes, I'm still updating GoodTools...

• Like 1