IGNORED

What will it be?

attendo

A few days ago someone was selling some Atari cartridges he found while cleaning up his house, he said it were like 14 carts, there was no picture. But since I like to be suprised and wan'to take the chance i did a bid and won it for 20 Euro(including shipping). It was on a dutch site called Marktplaats.nl, its a bit like Ebay, actually it was sold to ebay a while ago for 225 million euro.

The person received the cash and is now sending the package to me, I'll hope to have it around friday. Pretty exciting what it will contain :)

Hopefully not only galaxians and pole position cartridges :D

I'll post a reply with the contents(+photos) when I got it.

greets.

I've done the "mystery box" thing a few times. I'm actually expecting a mystery box full of 110 Atari carts and 20 Coleco carts sometime this week or early next. There's probably nothing I need from it save maybe an lvar or label upgrade or two, but I couldn't pass it up for the price. I'm a pathetic sucker for bargains.

I'm excited to see what's in it though, even though I know there's nothing rare (I know the seller and he mentioned it was all commons to uncommons) -- still, it's like cracking open a present at Christmas. You never know what you'll get, and it's fun sorting through it all and seeing just what there is. I'll probably end up adding most of them to the pile I'm getting ready for the Als (which is cool -- homebrews, baby!) but just the same I'm at that stage in my collecting where finding something I don't have, be it a label variation, better label, or a game that's missing from my collection, is an exciting prospect. :)

I don't know if I'd like doing that -- buying something that you don't know? If it were for a cheap price, then I'd say "go for it!" But otherwise, I probably wouldn't do it. I know a surprise is nice every so often and surprising, too, but on this kind of occasion, I like to know what I'm getting in advance before I shell out the dough...

Then again, I could always just resell the ones I may have duplicated buying...

Edited by Tele-Machus

Well, I wouldn't do it if it were getting into the pricey range, but considering all 130 carts worked out to something like US$72 shipped, I had money in PayPal so I figured what the hell. The worst I can do is break even, and maybe pick up an addition or two for the collection in the process. That's a worthwhile prospect no matter how you slice it. Plus, if I can add another 50 or so carts to the pile I'm sending the Als I'll have enough store credit to pick up a few killer homebrews. :-)

I'll post a pic when it arrives.

At last, today I recieved the 'mystery' box. Lol, this is just funny I was expecting some 2600 cartridges altough the ad did only say Atari games. But what I got where a total of 14 Atari Jaguar cartridges! including some manuals and that for only 20 euro (ca. 23.8 USD).

Truth is I dont even own a Jag, well not yet anyway now I have all those carts I shall consider buying one someday :D

Here is the list and below you will find some pictures:

1. Cannon Fodder
  2. Theme Park + Manual
  3. Iron Soldier + Manual (has memory save stored in cart)
  4. Iron Soldier (another cart)
  5. Doom + Manual + Overlay
  6. Syndicate + Manual
  7. Checkered Flag + Manual
  8. Sensible Soccer + Manual
  9. Bubsy In: Fractured Furry Tales + Manual
  10. Rayman + Manual (seems to be a bit rare: 6)
  11. NBA Jam T.E. + Manual (also a 6 on the famous rarity scale)
  12. Double Dragon Shadow Falls, The + Manual (nice comic like manual)
  13. Zoop + Manual
  14. Zool 2 + Manual

+ a manual for Cybermorph

To bad I cant play these games yet :(

Looking forward to see what mindfield and davepesc recieved.

post-6948-1120917752_thumb.jpg

post-6948-1120917770_thumb.jpg

post-6948-1120917821_thumb.jpg

post-6948-1120917839_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a result. I don't know the jag rarety list but perhaps you have a few lesser known games there?

Might be worth seeing if wholesale atari game collectors want to exchange jag games for the 2600 ones you're after?

Congrats again!

Edited by midget35

Well, my mystery box arrived today (pic attached).

There's a whole lotta dupes in there -- but most if not all of the pic and text labels will be added to the pile I'm sending the Als for some nice store credit (after I clean 'em up a bit). With any luck that'll be 165+ carts, which should equal a few very nice homebrews. :-)

There were 3 I didn't include simply because they were too worn/damaged to even consider keeping. (Demon Attack's label was completely worn out, An Asteroids literally had chunks missing out of the center as if someone took a screwdriver to it, and a Tennis' label was ripped to shreds)

All in all, lots of commons and more dupes, but I didn't expect much to begin with, and part of the reason I took the lot was to pad my shipment to the Als. :-)

I'll probably give away some of the others that there are numerous dupes of (CV Donkey Kong or SA Baseball anyone? :-))

post-104-1121186243_thumb.jpg

*steals the silver-label Space Invaders before Mind sends the stack off*

890441[/snapback]

lol! Actually the Als don't accept silver labels. (Ever tried to peel the labels off? It's easier to strip paint with a toothpick) You're welcome to it if you want it, just PM me. :-)

Mindfield, if you weren't in Canada I'd probably ask for several of those, but shipping is a killer.

890542[/snapback]

Depends on how many you get. For smaller quantities to the US I generally charge:

1 cart: $2.50 (air letter post, under 100g)

2 carts: $4.00 (small packet surface, 101-200g)*

3-5 carts: $6.50 (small packet surface, 201-500g)*

6-10 carts: $10.00 (small packet surface, 501g-1Kg)*

Any more than that and pricing is determined by Expedited USA rates, which start at $11 and go up from there based on package weight and destination.

* Air mail is generally $2-3 or so more depending on quantity.

Edited by Mindfield