IGNORED

modd'd 1050's wanted

Looking for modd'd 1050, preferably a Lazer/Usd 1050, though will accept a happy 1050 or speedy/super speedy 1050, must incl. PSU (i don't realy need an sio cable, got loads of them anyway) and also a 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 pc-atari cable and software

Willing to pay 35/40 GBP (pound sterling)

London/UK only

interested parties should email me initially at carmel_andrews'yahoo.com or send me a PM by doing a search on the members tab (leaving your contact details)

Point taken... however as you probably realize, i'm not going thru ebay, and therefore paying their over inflated prices, that's why i'm going direct, easier and cheaper, and less chance of getting stung (unlike the experiences that quite a few people have had on ebay)

Point taken... however as you probably realize, i'm not going thru ebay, and therefore paying their over inflated prices, that's why i'm going direct, easier and cheaper, and less chance of getting stung (unlike the experiences that quite a few people have had on ebay)

888272[/snapback]

If you can get a stock 1050 in the UK, I have Happy 1050 upgrades and SIO2PCs that include free shipping, but I'm not in the UK. :D

Steve

Yes!, but it means finding some one in the UK that knows how to fit happy upgrades, which is why i rather have a drive with one built in, so that i'm not paying to have it fitted and also travel expenses on top (which add's to the price of the drive essentially), as i know of no one in london that services or repairs A8 gear

In regards to the 2 in 1 or 3 in 1 pc-atari interfaces/cables, that, i will definately be int. in, but only once i've got my 1050's in hand and up and running

Steve, it would be nice if you forwarded me your email address so as to contact you as and when i get me hand's on a 1050 or 2 (not really interested in a 551), so as to acquiring the above pc-atari interfaces/cables that you say do build/supply (is the software you supply with the cable/interfaces the full and latest versions, or is it shareware/crippled version)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

go on use ebay hehehehe you can get the mod chip from the above and have 3 drives with this one. Close enought to London for you to collect even.

Andy

Just seen your comment above i fitted a happy chip to my 1050 many years ago very easy you just pull out one chip and insert the happy chip if memory serves me right

Edited by Plastron

888272[/snapback]

Inflated prices on E-bay is like a bad stereo-type. Yes, you can pay too much, or more than something is really worth on E-bay, but you can also get the ame thing for next to nothing, it all depends on your timing and patience. I recently picked up an 800, 810 disk drive, 410 recorder and all PSU/cables and other extras all for only $10. People who just disregard E-bay as a rip-off of inflated prices across the board are just plain wrong. It's just a world-wide swap-meet/yard sale really. It all depends on luck and patience. If you pay too much on E-bay, it's nobodies fault but your own.

nothing personal andy/plastron, but i'd rather not go anywhere near ebay, thanks all the same, looks like i'll be sticking to using pc emulators and lot my LOVERLY a8 gear

888328[/snapback]

If you can get a cheap 1050, get your happy from Steve and I'll fit it for you if you like. I've got a spare 1050 that I could fit it in for you but not sure if I've got a PSU for it (probably have one somewhere).

I will personally vouch for Steve. I ordered a couple of his SIO2PC devices a while back and they arrived within 5 working days - his shipping charges were also *very* reasonable.

Just a suggestion. ;)

Steve, it would be nice if you forwarded me your email address so as to contact you as and when i get me hand's on a 1050 or 2 (not really interested in a 551), so as to acquiring the above pc-atari interfaces/cables that you say do build/supply (is the software you supply with the cable/interfaces the full and latest versions, or is it shareware/crippled version)

888320[/snapback]

Ok, send you a PM. :)

Thanks

Steve