IGNORED

Pirates or originals?

Foxsolo2000

Ok, after a lot of research and cross referencing I am down to my final list of games that I have yet to confirm their identity. Now the questions are :-

(1) Were any of the games listed as original titles?

(2) Were they all released?

(3) If they were pirates then what were the games that they were pirated from?

Someone out there must own some of these titles so do the gaming community a favour and help identify them. The list is as follows :-

1. Deadly Poison by Eram

2. Super Bird by Rentacom

3. Treasure Island by Zellers

4. Space Trip

5. Go Go Home Monster by Home Vision 1983

6. Phantom by Ziroc

7. War 2000 by Home Vision

8. World?Trap? by Home Vision

9. Action Master by Video Game Prog

10. Avenger by Video Game Prog

11. Back Strike by Video Game Prog

12. Banned by Video Game Prog

13. King Miners by Data Soft

14. Mighty Mouse by Funvision

15. Plug Attack by Funvision

16. Round 1 by Video Game Prog

17. Saturn 5 by Fantastic Game

18. Sea Smash by Video Game Prog

19. SN-3201-1

20. Space Marshall

21. Star Battle by Video Game Prog

22. Super Tank by Supervision

23. Treasure Hunting by Funvision

24. Tutti Frutti

25 Baja Buggies by digimax

Edited by Foxsolo2000

Anything Zellers is pirate. I've never heard of Treasure Island by Zellers though. There's Dragon Treasure (pirate of Imagic's Dragonfire), and there's the one with the skull island label which is Inca Gold (pirate of Spider Maze by either Technovision or K-Tel, whichever). Zellers games were released by Canadian department store chain Zellers.

Fantastic Game and Data Soft carts are Brazilian pirates IIRC. Funvisions are European pirates.

Lot of difficult to proof titles, Foxsolo.

Well, at least one exists:

Super Bird (Rentacom)

post-6203-1120943886_thumb.jpg

I don't know which game it is, though.

Go Go Home Monster and War 2000 from Home Vision can both be seen on this Home Vision ad:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=11789

Again: nobody knows which games they are.

8)

Thank you Mindfield and Rom Hunter for the info but I disagree with you Rom on the point that no one knows what the games are. Someone out there must own them or know what they are. The first time I asked some months ago I had people contact me privately and share information. I still hold on to the hope that someone out there will come forward. Fingers crossed. ;)

Thank you Mindfield and Rom Hunter for the info but I disagree with you Rom on the point that no one knows what the games are.  Someone out there must own them or know what they are.

I was talking about War 2000 and Go Go Home Monster.

I really hope that somebody owns these titles and shares their identity with us.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Me too Rom. Since the last post Space Marshall has been identified as Planet Patrol in a pirated ccartridge and with luck Space Grid should be identified by tonight. Also came across a pirate form of Frogger called Turtle racing so if luck is with us the rest will soon follow ;)

Edited by Foxsolo2000

Me too Rom.  Since the last post Space Marshall has been identified as Planet Patrol in a pirated ccartridge and with luck Space Grid should be identified by tonight.  Also came across a pirate form of Frogger called Turtle racing so if luck is with us the rest will soon follow  ;)

889871[/snapback]

Good work, Foxsolo.

BTW: I'm still looking for the true identity of Jagd im Apfelbaum.

8)

Thanks Rom. I will try and post a picture of Turtle racing on this forum shortly. I have updated the list and would like to say thanks for the help on the forum and from those who contacted me directly. Still a long way to go. I removed Treasure Island from the list as several sources told me that it was a misprint on the site I saw it on. Space Marshall has been found and Saturn 5 has been removed as it was only found on an 8 in 1 cartridge and was rumoured to be a direct copy of Cosmic Ark. I am only interested in games that look different from their pirated forms such as Turtle Racing and Spy vs Spy.

Rom others have helped me narrow down Go Go Home Monster as being one of two possible games. The first is as you suspected Bobby is going home but others say that it could in fact be Col 'N' due to the similiarity of the title ET Go Home. Apart from that, still searching.

1. Deadly Poison by Eram

2. Super Bird by Rentacom is now rumoured to be Phoenix but still unproved.

3. Space Trip

4. Go Go Home Monster by Home Vision 1983

5. Phantom by Zirok

6. War 2000 by Home Vision

7. World?Trap? by Home Vision

8. Action Master by Video Game Prog

9. Avenger by Video Game Prog

10. Back Strike by Video Game Prog

11. Banned by Video Game Prog

12. King Mines by Data Soft

13. Mighty Mouse by Funvision

14. Plug Attack by Funvision

15. Round 1 by Video Game Prog

16. Sea Smash by Video Game Prog

17. Space Marshall Planet Patrol by Spectravision.

18. Star Battle by Video Game Prog

19. Super Tank by Supervision

20. Treasure Hunting by Funvision

21. Tutti Frutti

22. Baja Buggies by digimax

Edited by Foxsolo2000

Rom others have helped me narrow down Go Go Home Monster as being one of two possible games.  The first is as you suspected Bobby is going home but others say that it could in fact be Col 'N' due to the similiarity of the title ET Go Home. 

It would be interesting to discover that Go Go Home Monster is indeed Col 'N', because that would confirm that the name Col 'N' is not from Home Vision, but from a different company.

I'm quite sceptical about the existence of a Home Vision game, called: 'World?Trap?'

The question marks don't make any sense, besides suggesting that someone was guessing for the real title (probably 'World End').

I found an old list were 'World?Trap?' was given the Home Vision number 9, which is the number of Home Vision's 'World End'.

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Very interesting, you could be right, especially if they have the same number. Do you think that world?trap? could have been the working title for World End? I asked a friend in Germany if he had heard about Jagd im Apfelbaum and he said that he hadn't and that the title made no sense to him. He will keep looking. I too saw several references to this game but no one could tell me what it was. I will let you know if anything turns up.

Rom my friend got back to me. here is what he said :-

A game called "Jag´d im Apfelbaum" is unknown to me. This title does not make a lot of sense.

I think, the correct tile is "Schnapp die Apfeldiebe"

Is there a picture of the cartridge anywhere on line?

A game called "Jag´d im Apfelbaum" is unknown to me. This title does not make a lot of sense.

Actually it does make sense. It means "Chase in the Appletree". Probably just a variation of "Schnapp die Apfeldiebe".

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Dont worry, answered my own question it is Catch Time by Star Soft(at least that was what is was listed under). I had always thought that the fruit was tomato plants but yes they could look like apples. Rom is there any proof that the other title was ever released or could it be a working title?

Edited by Foxsolo2000