IGNORED

Space Taxi

yuppicide

Someone should port the C64 game Space Taxi.

http://screenmania.retrogames.com/c64/01/c64_0003.html

It used simple speech to say "hey taxi" and other stuff like "pad 1 please". Would be good to use with the speech module.

If I remember correctly the game had a crapload of levels. I don't know how many we could make on an Atari 2600 cartridge.

The game requires you to drive the Space Taxi and pick up passengers and drop them off at certain pads. You had to complete a certain amount before you could goto the next level. The top of the screen will open and that passenger will say "Up Please!" and you drive him to the next level and drop him off.

Crashing into things and you lose a life. Some levels had fans I believe and laser beams.

Wish I could find a good C64 emulator. I tried one and the keyboard didn't work. I love this game.

I think somebody should do Space Taxi on the 5200. That would be sweet! Anybody?

Allan

889643[/snapback]

Space Taxi would be a great fit for the 5200. Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

889788[/snapback]

I agree. I think if someone were to program this game, they would get a lot of praise from many 5200 fans.

Allan

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the idea for Crazy Taxi (and every other taxi game) came from... uhh... taxis.

Well I wasn't talking about any other games other than Crazy Taxi because honestly I didn't realize there were so many taxi games. So you don't think that the designer/s of Crazy Taxi might have gotten the idea for what turned out to be an extremely profitable game from this older game game Space Taxi? My thought being that mundane everyday jobs rarely translate to fun gameplay. Please refresh my memory Zylon..... I can name dozens of video games that feature a character you controller accending platforms to reach a specific goal , dozens on top of dozens of games that feature aliens attacking the earth in waves and dozens on top of dozens on top of dozens of games where you are in a race to the finish of some sort.... But I didn't realize that there were so many games that involved taxi's. Can you elaborate?

BTW : How does CPUWIZ get all the cool stuff before the rest of us? Are there any plans to release this on the 5200?

Hi there!

So you don't think that the designer/s of Crazy Taxi might have gotten the idea for what turned out to be an extremely profitable game from this older game game Space Taxi?

I'd also think that. Taxis are seen every day in real life, it certainly would inspire someone to make a game out of it. Chances are much higher for this, than someone digging up a 20 year old gaming concept to revive I'd think...

Greetings,

Manuel

I guess ultimately there's only one person who could answer the question.

I was actually thinking about how movie makers these days seem to scour the archives in search of the next big money maker. The fact that there was a similar game years ago could indeed be coincidence.

I will say in spite of the 20 years that have past since I had my C-64 hooked up to the ol monitor on it's own computer desk in the corner, I can still remember those games like it was yesterday. :cool:

BTW : How does CPUWIZ get all the cool stuff before the rest of us? Are there any plans to release this on the 5200?

I think that's because instead of spending all his time on Atariage like the rest of us, he sat at his computer and programmed it.

So CPUWIZ, how far along are you with it?

Allan

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...