IGNORED

Having problems finding stuff

Ok, here's the deal. I have a 1 meg STf and a 520 Stf, both found for pennies. They both work, but here's the problem. The 1 meg machine has no RF output like the 520, only a proprietary monitor cable, and I do not have a monitor. Shipping on one of those things is way to expensive. The 520 does have an rf out, but I don't have one of the proprietary mice for either of the machines, so they are both paperweights at this point.

For the life of me, I can't seem to find accessories for these things. I havent had much luck with ebay, and Best Electronics' (while an excellent store) pricing is INSANE for these computers.

Does anyone know where I can get a 1 meg STF with an RF output and a mouse for a reasonable price? Or at least a mouse. These computers have been gathering dust for years, and I'd love to start playing games on 'em. Thanks all!

Hello,

You can use the mice from Acorn Archimedes machines as they're also bus mice, although you will need to change the DIN connector for a 9-way Dtype. oh and also use a joystick extension cable as current Dtype's won't fit in the ST's awkward ports.

The Acorn mice are better than the ST mice too, also track faster, so you don't need a 2ft x 2ft mouse mat.

As for your monitor difficulty, you could use a bog standard vga monitor for monochrome. The 13-pin Atari ST monitor port plugs can be bought from Maplin's in the UK for about £2. Total cost to make a cable is about £5-£7. A Scart cable straight to the RGB of your television costs about the same.

Thanks for the advice, but I want to get a set up that has RF. Monochrome can't be great for games, and I'm not very handy with a soldering iron. As to the Acorn mice, I've never even SEEN an acorn, much less a mouse for one. Are there and PC mice that use the same pinout?

Does anyone know where I can get a STFM with RF output and a mouse for under a $100? I've seen numerous posts stating that these sell for 25-50 dollars, but for the life of me, I can't find where...

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the advice, but I want to get a set up that has RF. Monochrome can't be great for games, and I'm not very handy with a soldering iron. As to the Acorn mice, I've never even SEEN an acorn, much less a mouse for one. Are there and PC mice that use the same pinout?

Does anyone know where I can get a STFM with RF output and a mouse for under a $100? I've seen numerous posts stating that these sell for 25-50 dollars, but for the life of me, I can't find where...

892293[/snapback]

Are you that cheap?! You should not even own an Atari ST. I find Atari ST mice all the time on eBay for $10 to $15, new in the box for about $25. Atari SC1224 monitors run about $30 to $50 on eBay. If you are too poor to pay these small amounts, then give your Atari ST computers to someone who can afford them and stop whining like a little kid! I really hate cheap people like you. :x

PS: I will be putting up two Atari 1040STs on eBay with a low starting bid of only 95 cents each. Is that cheap enough for you? :roll:

Edited by TheAtariKing

• 4 weeks later...

Hey RetroThief...

You just want him to buy your non-existant crap so you can rip him off like you have so many other people in the past.

The main reason you've made your feedback private on Ebay is simply because you couldn't come up with different rebuttals for all the negative's you've gotten.

I honestly cannot believe you are truly this stupid...

892293[/snapback]

Are you that cheap?! You should not even own an Atari ST. I find Atari ST mice all the time on eBay for $10 to $15, new in the box for about $25. Atari SC1224 monitors run about $30 to $50 on eBay. If you are too poor to pay these small amounts, then give your Atari ST computers to someone who can afford them and stop whining like a little kid! I really hate cheap people like you. :x

PS: I will be putting up two Atari 1040STs on eBay with a low starting bid of only 95 cents each. Is that cheap enough for you? :roll:

934261[/snapback]

Flaming is not tolerated here. Please refrain from making posts like these.

• 2 months later...
Hey RetroThief...

You just want him to buy your non-existant crap so you can rip him off like you have so many other people in the past.

The main reason you've made your feedback private on Ebay is simply because you couldn't come up with different rebuttals for all the negative's you've gotten.

946374[/snapback]

Are you sure that you know what you are talking about? My feedback is not private. Why are you calling me names and talking crap about me? I honestly cannot believe that YOU are truly this stupid ! :roll:

Ok boys lets not start, it is a new year, lets all get along. And yes your feedback is now visible, but when he posted it, it was private! Right?

Anyway lets all start the new year fresh shall we? :)

I agree, ST stuff is not THAT expensive! Just because the OP bought the STs for pennies does not mean he should expect a Mouse to be for 1 cent! ST stuff is getting rare and will cost you some, but not that much. Expect to pay ~$20 for a mouse. Is that too much? If so sell your ST's and get a PC. LOL

Edited by tjlazer

Hey RetroThief...

946374[/snapback]

Are you sure that you know what you are talking about? My feedback is not private. Why are you calling me names and talking crap about me? I honestly cannot believe that YOU are truly this stupid ! :roll:

992609[/snapback]

Wow... almost 90 days to respond... You're on it man... and I mean on it...

What is "it" you might ask??? Hrm... drugs??? probably...

Anyway... It is nice to see you've made your feedback public again... Now people can once again see what a thief you really are... It just amazes me that there are so many "liars" out there who post negative feedback against you... My God, you must be a saint.

Just a few responses to negative feedback left on you:

"Payment was mailed in plain envelope, no letter, could not read return address"

"Payment was mailed in plain envelope. Could not read writing. Shipment delayed "

"I could not read the return address on the envelope, so shipping was delayed."

And many other feedbacks calling you a thief and a fraud (all of which are lying of course).

Anyway... One of these days you'll have to face the consequences and I would just love to be there when it happens. Have a nice life idiot.