IGNORED

Dreamcast best games..

What are the best games for this console, i havent palyed it in a damn long time and wanted to know if it was worth buying again. I remember i liked blue stinger and some game that had the word need at the end or something, some girl who walks around and kills monsters...

Thanks!

~Jon

Edited by blastermaster

Here are a few that are worth checking out off the top of my head:

Space Channel 5

Chu Chu Rocket

D2

Daytona USA

Toy Commander

House of the Dead 2

Jet Grind Radio

Ooga Booga

Sega Bass Fishing (with the fishing controller)

Skies of Arcadia

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Samba de Amigo

Shenmue

The Dreamcast is an easy system to collect for and one of the more interesting for its time. You can still find games in Toys R Us and Kaybee for next to nothing.

This topic has been discussed many times. I still think the Dreamcast is modern gaming until they come out with the next generation consoles but I'm not going to quibble.

Here are two threads that can give you an idea what are the best for the DC

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...68&hl=dreamcast

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...38&hl=dreamcast

Also, Go to Gamerankings.com and go to the rankings and filter for the top 20 Dreamcast games. That will give you some good recommendations.

You got some fervent Dreamcast fanboys out there which I am one of them. I think it is right now the best gaming platform for the money with the console and much of the great stuff to be had for cheap. It used to be even better when EBGames and Gamestop were selling them for buy 2 get one free and 30% to 50% off, but sai la vie.

I remember i liked blue stinger and some game that had the word need at the end or something, some girl who walks around and kills monsters...

Thanks!

~Jon

902067[/snapback]

Illbleed Need? Resident Evil: Code Veronica Need? Maken X Need? Need for Speed Need?

902134[/snapback]

Illbleed! that was it. I think i liked that game too. Tomorrow i am gonna go and try to buy one, seems like it worth it. Sorry about putting this topic in classic games, i thought the modern games thread would get mad..

~Jon

Sonic Adventure is a must-have, though I'll be blasphemous and say I like the Game Cube's DX version better. Sonic Adventure 2... eh. I still have yet to finish that one.

It's since been trumped by the Burnout series, but at the time Demolition Racer: No Exit was arguably the best "hit anything that moves" racing game you could get on any system. It's got some jammin' tunes to boot.

Edited by skunkworx

I'll second Space Channel 5, Chu Chu Rocket, Ooga Booga, and Giga wings 1 and 2... all great games.

SC5 is definitely one of my favorite games... check out the sequel on PS2 (which includes a version of the original), too.

My favorite game for the DC, though, and one of the best games I've ever played, is Typing of the Dead.

I have to second the suggestion of Demolition Racer: No Exit. Great game, nice adrenalin pumping gameplay, great music (I've since bought several of the songs from the iTunes Music Store... Look for the band Cirrus) and some fairly dull unlockable mini-games that won't hold your interest for long. But the king of the hill type demolition games are fun, Suicide mode (you drive backward on the track against the flow of traffic) is pretty nice, and there's nothing like the exhiliration of T-boning three or four cars in one race, and watch the suckers explode. :cool:

Looking at the old threads, I am constantly amazed at the amount of quality games for the Dreamcast. There are a few duds to be sure (Kiss Psycho Circus, Spirit of Speed anyone?) but the percentage of quality and highly original games on the system is exceptional. Illbleed is one example of this. Add Typing of the Dead, Rez, Seaman, Samba De Amigo, Omikron, EGG, Bass Fishing and a whole mess of others and you got a lot of weird but wonderful stuff that can hold your attention for hours. Evem some of the lesser games like Slave Zero and Mars Martix can hold you interest although you'll be pulling you hair out with Mars Matrix cause it is excruciatingly hard. Again, a lot depends on the types of games you are interested in.

Trizeal, and Border Down are worth importing. Both are fantastic shooters. There's also good imports of Rez, Space Channel 5 part 2, and various fighting games, but those are all available stateside on other platforms.

As for domestic games, some of the best I've played:

Powerstone 2(my god did we log massive time into this one)

Mr. Driller

Mark of the Wolves

Mars Matrix

Chu Chu Rocket

Space Channel 5

Sonic Adventure

Virtua Fighter 3tb

Marvel vs Capcom

Star Wars ep 1 Racer

Starlancer

Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story

Grandia II

Bust-A-Move 4

Shenmue

Ecco the Dolphin

For the love of God, why did it take until the post above me until someone mentioned Soul Calibur? You really don't need anything else on the Dreamcast... good times to be had by all... :)

905903[/snapback]

A few of early posts did mention it, i thought i would just reinforce the recommendation.

For the love of God, why did it take until the post above me until someone mentioned Soul Calibur? You really don't need anything else on the Dreamcast... good times to be had by all... :)

905903[/snapback]

A few of early posts did mention it, i thought i would just reinforce the recommendation.

905914[/snapback]

Nobody mentioned by name. Correct me if I'm wrong. :ponder:

905903[/snapback]

Whant about a mention of Soul Blade?

I don't get it. Soul Calibur is a sequal to Soul Blade, but Soul calibur has a sequal, and another on the way.

Whant about a mention of Soul Blade?

Pretty simple - it's not a Dreamcast game.

I don't get it. Soul Calibur is a sequal to Soul Blade, but Soul calibur has a sequal, and another on the way.

905921[/snapback]

Technically, Soul Calibur is the sequel to Soul Edge ;)

There have been three different titles for this series. It's the Soul series; the second word has always been treated as transient by Namco. Although now that it's so popular, they seem to have settled in Calibur for branding purposes... when it was niche, they probably figured people would find it by the "Soul" name, but now that it's mainstream they've gotta make sure even the lowest common denominator knows what to look for on the shelf.