IGNORED

Flashback NES Chip Question

I allready know it is impossible to add a 2600/7800 cartridge slot to the Flashback 1, but couldn't you hack a NES cartridge in there because it is NES hardware? And the controllers are obviously NES (8 directions, 4 buttons) so you'd think that the nintendo games would be fully playable. If anyone has attempted a mod like this or has found instructions on the internet I would like to hear about them.

I have seen MegaJoys and such at malls but I would like an NES cartridge slot on my FB1 because I wouldn't need to have both my NES and FB1 hooked into my TV at the same time and it would be great for traveling. Besides I have seen amazing mods out there (hats off to jsoper with his FB2 cartridge slot) I think it would be possible, but mabye Curt could tell us more about how the FB1 is layed out.

• 5 weeks later...
I have seen MegaJoys and such at malls but I would like an NES cartridge slot on my FB1 because I wouldn't need to have both my NES and FB1 hooked into my TV at the same time and it would be great for traveling.

912770[/snapback]

You can't always get what you want. Not sure why you'd want the FB1 hooked up at the same time as anything else -- or at all! :ponder:

As for traveling, the Neo Fami gets the job done in a lot more style, with a ready-to-go cartridge port. Even better is a GBA with Pocket NES installed.

Sorry, I don't know of any. I got a few nice Atari and Microvision items at an estate sale last year, but I generally don't bother with the thrift stores any longer. The flea markets around here are geared towards crafts and artisans. While they're fun in their own right, they aren't going to give you your classic game fix. I'd rather go to Eastern Market and get some fresh produce than some skanky dive anyway.

At the risk of exposing my favorite haunts:

CD/Game Exchange has lots of cheap modern games (DC and MD)

Starland has imports and some classics (the Greenbelt MD store is dead, but the Annandale VA HQ is still going strong, plus they do mail order)

Pandora's Cube in College Park MD also has some good stuff occasionally, thought their prices are high.