IGNORED

Brazilian Cromax Boxed - take a look at that!

TomBrazil

Hello my friends, it's been quite a while that I dont publish any rare stuff, but I think this is a top score. I just acquired this huge Cromax lot - there are 27 carts, all in MINT condition, labels intact.. fortunately, the carts are not dirty, which is pretty lucky considering they're WHITE! This is because the original owner kept them all in their boxes.

First look I gave to this set, and I immediately thought those were rental boxes, pretty common in Brazil at that time. BUT, a further look led me to think that those are original boxes, because the manuals are inserted in the outer plastics. I think this would be a cheaper approach to small manufacturers, rather than to produce full size cardboard boxes, and also, those carts doesnt seem like rental ones because of their excellent condition. Any opinions on that?

In fact, Cromax seems very rare and undocumented... In Digital Press web site, there are only 3 Cromax carts listed... Carnival, Enduro and Pac-Man... two of those I dont even have in my new acquired lot :x . Atariguide doesnt even have Cromax listed under manufacturers, which is really surprising in comparison to its huge obscure manufacturers list.

Does anyone here has Cromax carts? I'd appreciate any input on that topic. I'm not planning to sell those carts for now, but I'd also appreciate any inputs on the total price this should be worth.

Cheers,

post-6332-1124565034_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565120_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565136_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565155_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565168_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565190_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565499_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565530_thumb.jpg

post-6332-1124565553_thumb.jpg

Excellent score. Those have to be seriously rare!

915295[/snapback]

Thanx man, it's really nice to receive such positive input from experienced collectors!

Very nice!

HES does the manual on the back of the insert for their clamshells too... I think you are right on the money with them being the real deal done cheap by the manufacturer.

915308[/snapback]

Thank you mitsubachi, let's collect more opinions to confirm this. The instructions fit very exactly in the plastic, so I think it's a safe assumption!

This is jawdropping.

Congratulations!

8)

915318[/snapback]

Thank you too, my friend. I'm happy when my fellow collectors share my enthusiasm :)

That's freakin' gorgeous. I can't imagine a find like that here -- and so many of them in such good condition! That's particularly rare for Brazilian carts.

I couldn't even speculate on a worth of that lot, but given what the average Brazilian cart goes for (even ones that aren't that rare) I'd say the right buyer would probably easily cough up hundreds for it. I'd keep the set though -- I mean how often do you come across such a massive find of one specific company's carts? And rare ones at that? And rare ones complete in box? Definitely a showpiece, that collection, and congratulations on it.

• 3 weeks later...
I wish I could find scores like that. Brazil seems to be a hotbed of cool shit.

928027[/snapback]

:D :D :D

Not that easy... we dont find carts in every corner. A few years ago - MAYBE. Nowadays, there are "new" collectors every day, and most rarities were bought. The collectors went hard on some public flea markets, so it's really very hard to find something unusual when everyone's looking for.

What I do is to make contacts, pay well and try to be faster.... :)