IGNORED

32x rocks

narutofan

like wich ones?

mine came with two: doom 32x and virtual fighter, and I think they rock.

924932[/snapback]

Virtual Fighter is supposed to be pretty great. I think, from the screenshots I've seen anyway, that that game demonstartes what could have been accomplished on the 32X if it had gotten the poper level of support. I'm still looking for one.

I think it stinks just because it exists. The Genesis came out, and kept getting remade. The Sega-Cd came out, and kept getting remade. By the time the 32X came out, interest was lost, and people have moved on.

924952[/snapback]

You are probably right, if it were the early 90's but I mean now.

Actually, a lot of them are just enhanced Genesis games, which is the knock against the 32x. Most of the games for it are good, but the enhancements aren't usually that much of a leap beyond what the standard Genesis can do. (Or for that matter, what the SNES can do).

Good 32x games:

Shadow Squadron

Mortal Kombat II

Kolibri

Knuckles Chaotix

Virtua Fighter

Virtua Racing Deluxe (The best version of this game, bar none.)

Spiderman: Web of Fire

After Burner

Space Harrier

Darxide (good luck finding this one)

Star Wars Arcade (well, I liked it...)

Consider yourself lucky.  You have two good 32x games...and that's pushing it calling Doom a good 32x game, as it's a pretty crappy port, with a ton of stuff cut out.  Theres plenty of shitty 32x games about....in fact...the majority of them are shitty.

924997[/snapback]

oh, oh well. There are a couple of games that I was looking foward to getting.

Wow, there are a slew of 32X/Genesis combos around here for sale, and quite a few games.

I've never owned anything from the 16 bit era of gaming, save for the Game Gear sitting in my closet. There are tons of games around here for it, too, at $4 each. Hmmm, maybe it still works...

I think it stinks just because it exists. The Genesis came out, and kept getting remade. The Sega-Cd came out, and kept getting remade. By the time the 32X came out, interest was lost, and people have moved on.

924952[/snapback]

924979[/snapback]

I do mean now. It has a bad rep, and no one cares about it.

924952[/snapback]

924979[/snapback]

I do mean now. It has a bad rep, and no one cares about it.

925440[/snapback]

oh yeah, I forgot about the reputation part of it.

Edited by Sega_master

I heard other people saying the 32x is a pretty bad system but I just got one and I think it rocks.  Iv'e heard some say it's wobbly in the genesis 2: barely.

I hear some say it freezes after a half hour of game play: no way.  Please tell me why all these people say it stinks.

924894[/snapback]

the reason its wobbly in the Genesis 2 is because your missing a part they makes it more sturdy..its like a base.

i like the 32X im getting 16 boxed games for it including Star wars, Knuckles, Doom, virtual fighter

I think there were several hardware releases of the 32X as well (documented or not). I had one that would absolutely NOT work with the CDX and then I traded it for one that I knew did. There were no distinguishing features on either one of them, but I used one for years in the configuration that the box said did not work. May have been an earlier/later model, I don't know.

I thought some of the games were decent (I liked the Star Wars one too). Overall I think the CD games are better, but I liked trinkety stuff for my CDX so I bought one (or two as it ended up being after a trade).

Sold mine (with games) in January, so I could not tell you what serial number it was (it was an AA member that got it though).

Cassidy