IGNORED

Blasphemy

Atari Charles

You have GOT to be kidding me.

I am sooooo sick and tired of seeing E.T being blasted at every opportunity. Especially from Atari fans! True, E.T wasn't one of Atari's better titles but it doesn't deserve the rap that it's been getting.

The question I always ask myself is 'Could E.T have been done better using the graphics and programming capabilities at the time?' I'm going to have to go with a resounding NO on this question.

I bundle E.T in with the likes of the Superman and Spider-Man titles which were basically on par with E.T. Personally, I'm not afraid to admit that I had alot of fun playing E.T. And no, I didn't have any problems getting out of the pits. As with any game, practice makes perfect.

Give the little guy a break...

SjN

GOOD LORD - ENOUGH ABOUT ET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES - IT SUCKED! MOST PEOPLE HATE IT!

HOWEVER, AND AMAZINGLY, SOME PEOPLE LIKE IT! WAY TO STAND UP AGAINST THE TIDE.

I ASK YOU, IS THERE ANY CHANCE WE CAN MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES?????????

------------------------------------------------

Here, then, is a list of alternate questions you should use whenever the urge hits to post n ET SUCKS or ET DOESN'T SUCK message -

1. Which games are have random programming so the game is not always the same? Whichj of those are the best? Why?

2. Which of the ultra-rare games are worth pursuing from a gaming standpoint? In other words, I'm not interested in shelling out $100 for a game which is very rare but sucks. I only want the games with good playability.

3. I am logging in the Atari 2600 games I own into an Excel/Acess file I've created. However, I am having trouble coming up with categories. Some are obvious and easy (1st Person Shooter, Sports Themed, Action/adventure, Space Invader-clone, Pac-Man-Clone, Frogger-Clone, etc.,). However, other games are more niche and unique and I am having trouble categorizing them (i.e., M*A*S*H, Tape Worm, Solar Fox, etc.,). Does anyone have any suggestions?

4. Now that there are two Supreme Court Justice openings, what Atari 2600 game best captures the skill needed by the future Justices? Explain.

5. Are there any games based on movies by Steven Speilberg? Did it sell well? How does it play?

Damn! Almost got five questions out without referring to ET! Well 4 out of 5 gives us an 80% chance of avoiding ET (far better than the odds of avoiding those damn pits!). This puts us on par with the four Dentists that recommend sugar-free gum for their patients who chew gum.

People, there is so much else in life to wrap our passions around. It is a beautiful day, butterflies are humping right outside my window, my doog is barking at the rabbit running through the yard, etc.,

Lets give ET some rest and give him the time he needs to finally phone home.

Fare-the-well, ET, fare-the-well

You guys are sooooo gullible. Haven't you ever seen CPUWIZs work with lables?

How many custom Atari 2600 lables of his have you all admired over the years?

It's obvious that wasn't a REAL E.T. cart. It was a combat cart with a fake E.T. end-lable (and a rather poor imitation end-lable at that)

Jeeze you guys, do you honestly think CPUWIZ is that dumb to smash an AWESOME game like E.T. Use common sense.

Oh and silverpoodleman

this is a false statement.... Maybe you hate E.T. but don't drag others into your twisted fantasy world.

Best...video....ever. :D

925084[/snapback]

My Grandmother could have hit that cart harder! :roll:

925237[/snapback]

#include "atariage.h"

extern int post;

int main(void)
{
    if(post == GENUINE)
    {
          ShyOneShitList++;
    }
};

:P

I never saw the ET movie. (C'mon, an alien riding a bicycle up in the air with a bunch of kids? That's ridiculous!)

CPUWIZ's video is great though. That would make a nice avatar.

925167[/snapback]

Just for fun, here's a couple of animated gifs, one of legal avatar size...

post-5792-1125901824_thumb.jpg

post-5792-1125901839.gif

Best...video....ever. :D

925084[/snapback]

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling: ROTFLMAO

That made my day. I loved the humor. Yes CPUWIZ made a copy of the label for the valuable E.T. and stuck it on a Combat! Really though I've reformed in my hatred of E.T., and while it might not be my favorite game I no longer think it's the worst game of all time.

Oh and silverpoodleman
this is a false statement.... Maybe you hate E.T. but don't drag others into your twisted fantasy world.

925221[/snapback]

My twisted fantasy world :evil: has very little to do with ET and more to do with Halle Berry :lust: (in a catsuit) hot oil wrestling Serena Williams :rolling: ( in a catsuit) with special guest referee Michelle Pfieffer :D (in a catsuit). I admit that I am working the bell at ringside and playing ET between rounds. So you see, ET only plays a VERY small part of my twisted fantasy world :!: