IGNORED

request: Berzerk hack - diagonal shots?

appleo

Anyone up to adding diagonal firing robots (and true diagonal player shots) to Berzerk? Maybe add a random maze generator. Keep the rest the same - it's awesome as is.

936146[/snapback]

I think that Dennis Debro has done the diagonal shots, but so far I don't think a .bin has been released.

The game play on the 2600 berzerk is cemented in my mind as one of the most responsive and exciting interfaces of any game. It just works so well with the cx40 joystick. Recently, I played the arcade version via MAME with a cx40 plugged into my PC and it was 100x better than the arcade, truly a pleasure to play. It'd just be nice to tweak the 2600 version to be more interesting, more mazes and those true diagonal shots. Maybe even add a 2nd player and more robots so you could do team play.

Anyone up to adding diagonal firing robots (and true diagonal player shots) to Berzerk? Maybe add a random maze generator. Keep the rest the same - it's awesome as is.

936146[/snapback]

I think that Dennis Debro has done the diagonal shots, but so far I don't think a .bin has been released.

936286[/snapback]

Hi there,

I did do a hack for this but never released the ROM. I lost interest in it and moved on. If anyone wants to pick this up let me know and I'll send you my notes.