IGNORED

Atari 5200 128-in-1 USB Flash Cart Now Available!

classics

I'm happy to announce that pre-ordering is now available for the Atarimax 5200 128-in-1 USB Flash Cartridge!

order_medium.jpg

Atarimax "128-in-1 USB Flash Cartridge" is a professionally produced Atari 5200 Flash Multi-Cart with on screen menu software and a fast USB flash programming interface.

The cartridge includes Multi-Cart Studio software and custom device drivers for Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME and Windows 98.

Pre-ordering begins now, with shipments starting 11/01/2005.

Pre-order pricing is $129.99 per cartridge for the first 100 cartridges.

For complete product information and the order form go to:

http://www.atarimax.com/usb5200/documentation/

Highlights:

:arrow: Adding or replacing a game is as easy as dropping the rom image into the slot you want and pressing the 'Synchronize' button.

:arrow: Adding one or two ROM images typically takes 4-6 seconds and your 5200 on-screen menu is automatically updated!

:arrow: On screen menu software is 100% field upgradeable.

:arrow: Each cartridge includes its own unique internal serial number that is displayed each time you plug the cartridge into your PC.

The kit includes everything you need to get started:

kit_small.jpg

:arrow: 128-in-1 USB Flash Cartridge

:arrow: USB Interface Cable

:arrow: Software Installation CD with drivers.

Please note that this cartridge is shipped blank, no commercial ROM images are provided.

Thanks

Steve

Sounds Great.  Your stuff is top notch.  I bought your 128 in 1 cart early this year.  Of course, I may need to buy this new version.  It was great for my kids and I to meet you at the Columbus show.

941187[/snapback]

Thanks, nice to meet you guys as well. Hopefully they will be doing it again next year.

Steve

Any way to order one without using PayPal?

941762[/snapback]

Yes, if you would like to pay by check, money order or credit card without going through PayPal, just send me an e-mail (classics@atarimax.com) or send me a PM and I will send you payment details.

Steve

Admittedly, I don't currently have plans to buy one of these, due to money constraints. But, I am still curious about the cart (and hope to buy one some day).

Is it possible to manage the cart without the provided software? I'm wondering about using it with Linux, future versions of Windows or Mac, etc...

• 3 weeks later...
Just ordered one, looks like a great product.  I hope Steve can make all those conversion roms that he worked on available soon.  Please keep us updated on that.

961026[/snapback]

The conversion games are some of the best games available now for the 5200. I played the 5200 for about 3 hours last night. First time that I have played for a long stretch in some time. I spent a lot of that time playing the conversions.

Just ordered one, looks like a great product.  I hope Steve can make all those conversion roms that he worked on available soon.  Please keep us updated on that.

961026[/snapback]

Well I had time to do one this weekend, here is a new 5200 game, Xagon. :D

Bryan has also given his permission to modify his MULE conversion to work on the flash cartridge, so I will do that one soon as well.

Steve

usbcart_xagon.zip

post-934-1131922271_thumb.png

I received mine earlier this week, and I just have to say that this cart is "DA BOMB"!!! :D

Big props go out to Steve for the design of this cart and the software he wrote to use it. The Multi-Cart Studio software is easy to use, very intuitive and it works FAST! It was very easy for me to set up the cart without even reading the manual.

The 5200 library is pretty strong to begin with, but with the addition of any of the conversions that were done and forthcoming, this item should be a HUST HAVE for any 5200 enthusiast. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is into the 5200! :love:

@Steve, keep those conversions coming!!! :cool:

961026[/snapback]

Well I had time to do one this weekend, here is a new 5200 game, Xagon. :D

Bryan has also given his permission to modify his MULE conversion to work on the flash cartridge, so I will do that one soon as well.

Steve

964834[/snapback]

Xagon kicked ass. I logged some serious hours on that game when it was new.

Stephen Anderson

I ordered one of these and it arrived last week. Having not had any 5200 multi carts up to this point, I am loving this. I already ordered a trackball on ebay for centipede and millipede.

This also made me go on ebay and pick up two controller rebuild kits from retrogames-r-us. (also a great product)

I am about to check out Xagon, and would love to see mule on the 5200. :)

Great product, and easy to use. :thumbsup: