IGNORED

Boinxx update

Heaven/TQA

started to code again on Boinxx...

small update...more to come later today...

- enemies must have now same colours as the player sprites (if turned to 5th player...they have to be blue same as the water which isnt good...)

- the score panel shows some debug information 1st digit is the tile-number based on x-position and 2nd digit is based on the y-pos... this values are needed for checking the tile map for special triggers like power ups etc...

don't worry because of the gfx glitches...this is simply because i do not check at the moment the enemies of reaching boundaries...

test the file with atari800win 4.0 beta 6 for best...the zip contains a .obx file which is a binary which you simply can load via the "ALT-X" command. or you can load it in your fave emulator like you would load a .com or .exe file...

boinxx8.zip

thanks...

here is the new beta 9 with enabled debug mode...

digits of the score

1st - xpos in tiles (0-9)

2nd ypos in tiles (0-5)

3rd,4th = hex number of the tile which is below the player

as you can see it's little bit tricky to make it as accurate as possible... but i have calibrated the code to the status as it is right now... you'll find the debug code in the main loop...

i have included the complete source code in xasm format for your pleassure... please have in mind that the code was written in several text editors and now for more than 1 year...so don't shoot at me regarding the format etc.... all will be cleared up when it's final... some of the routines are not optimised yet as they are working at the moment without any CPU time shortage...

oh...just in case i forgot to mention... it's PAL only at the moment for 800XL machine... NTSC version will follow after it'S done...

any questions just let me know... next steps:

- enemie cue + triggers

- special action tiles + subroutines (long jump, extra life, etc...)

to be honest...never thought how complicated this "simple game" would be at the end... it's not like demo coding... ;) i never thought that i will code (or i need to code)

- tile realtime depacker

- game boy like vscrolling wrapper

- sprite animation system

- enemie routines

- attract mode

and all other things which you need in a game (title screen, highscore entrie, etc...)

thanks to Fox for the pack/depacker. without him it would even been harder.

boinxx9.zip

Very nice job so far Heaven! Very solid graphics and nice details. Music is also very good. Can't wait to play the finished product. It will be a very nice addition to the Atari game library.

It's good to see programmers who devote time and energy to show the true potential of this great system. Keep up the good work.

Do you have any other games available?

(If you are enlisting any help in the completion: I do not code assembly, but I have experience in graphic design.)

Best of success with your efforts,

MrFish

it's seems that boinxx becomes a "big budget" production regarding the envolved people:

- Xray (3 Channel ingame music, 4 Channel title music)

- retrofan (ingame tile gfx sets and ball animation)

- pov (g2f title screen, not included yet in the game)

- vidol (highscore graphics, not included yet in the game + 3 tile & level designs)

- fox (minidos, flater,deflater (packer), mini-kernel to switch off ROM)

- Jaskier (MPT music fast replayer routine)

- thomas jentzsch ("seek 'n destroy" 6502 code based on my basic algorithm)

- Heaven main code

without these guys I would never come so far...

• 2 weeks later...