IGNORED

So, how much is Bugs Bunny gonna be?

King Atari

$50 seems awful ing steep for a 2600 game of ANY kind. I don't give a how "classic" it is, if I can get a Gamecube game for around the same price, then you gotta be kidding me. Talk about taking advantage of a niche hobby.

Don't worry JohnnyWC, I'm picking up yer copy no matter what.

If I can get a hold of more than one copy I could hold on to one for you untill you have enough money then I could send it to you if you like. My wife and I are driving out there on thursday, the day before, and are coming back on saturday. (Just let me know).

Ataripitbull,

That would be awesome! I have no idea when I would have that kind of money, but if you wanted to trade, I have a load of boxed C=64/VIC-20 carts I'd be willing to trade. That's if you wanted to. If you don't, don't worry about the cart. Let me know.

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

$50 seems awful  ing steep for a 2600 game of ANY kind. I don't give a  how "classic" it is, if I can get a Gamecube game for around the same price, then you gotta be kidding me. Talk about taking advantage of a niche hobby.    

I've never - EVER - seen a classic re-release or homebrew go for more than $40. Those that were $40 (Elevator Action, as I recall) were priced that because it came in an identical box and instructions as the old Atari releases. I didn't mind the extra lucre.

Most, however, go for $20-$30, depending on the whim of the creator. BUt, if it comes with a bunch of bells-and-whistles, expect to pay more. But, on average, $30 sems to be the norm.

Don't worry about having to trade with me King Atari I have a very large collection as it is. If I can get a hold of more than one copy of Bugs Bunny, then when I get home from the convention I will email you to let you know that I got it and no matter how long it takes I will hold on to it for you till you are ready and the price for the game will be just what I paid for it at the show, plus since I live in Michigan when I send it to you it should only take about two day's to get to you, now how does that sound.

Sounds good to me. I've already got a bit saved up, and if it's only about $30, then I should have the money to you shortly. It sounds like it's gonna be in the $30-$40 range, so that's cool. Thanks a lot for doing this, this would my first game of the type (Proto packaged & released at a convo).

Having played Bugs Bunny extensively (the version that's being released), I can say that it's pretty fun. I'm not sure what they have in mind for the release, but I think it's the full workup. Like Combat II and Elevator Action. So $40 isn't so bad for what you get. Still, it's at the high end and I know a lot of collectors can't/won't spend that much. But let's wait and see.

-Chris

I wish a good Ohio convention would come up soon. I know that Cinciclassics should be coming up soon, hopefully. I have never been to a convention before. Never had any money or anything.

On a side note, I wanted to go to a Star Trek convention thing in Cleveland once, but no one would take me. Missed out on that one. Bet it was cool though.

$45.00? Holy ing mack-arel! Highway ing robbery! Bugs Bunny better pop out of the cart and my for $45.00!

Don't worry JohnnyWC you'll still get yer copy. But count me out for one. What a rip. Sheesh, I can get Rogue Leader for that much!

Sorry for the vulgarity, but we are being raped here.

Profiteers.

Yeah, $45 is a bit high, but I'd pay it in a heartbeat if I could get there. Think about this, I paid $40 for my copy of Elevator Action I got at CGE 2K1. However, I could put it on eBay today and get $100 for it. I guarantee this is the cheapest you'll ever see this particular release of Bugs Bunny. Three months from now, you'll WISH you could find one for $45.

It's all in how you look at it, gang.

i am also working on a homebrew right now, and i can tell you that packaging are real expensive if you want to have something nice. 45$ is a lot of course, but not too much ... after all, you get a very nice box, labels and instructions for only 15$ more than Best's missile command carts with production chip from unreleased games. so i would rather by bugs from my board-homies than from best (nothing personal against best).

plus there's snider's argument that the value might increase more than it ever will for most of your other boxed atari games.

there's lots of rare titles that appear more and more on ebay, and that get cheaper and cheaper.

I want Bugs Bunny too, but can't go to the Convetion.

One game more what I not get.

@ Jah Fish,

can you hold a game from your own for me? Please. I pay what you want for it, if this is not to high.

What will it have as gameplay? Adventure, Shoter, Jump & Run?