IGNORED

The Art Of Blaster - Making a 5200 label.

Atariboy2600

Last night I made a Blaster label for the 5200 game that some ask me to do but I found out that they was not much of any images to use from the real arcade flyers so I had to draw it from scratch using only GIMP and any arcade screen shots I seen of the game so I drew both the backdrop, the ships and spaceman and I only used the real logo title from the Blaster flyer and well here's the label hope you like it.

Here's a step by step of how I did it for anyone wanted to know,

Blaster Art 01: The first image you see is the backdrop for the label from top to bottom I use the idea from the arcade side art I saw.

Blaster Art 02a: The next is drawing the forground image like evil ships and spaceman again I had to draw them cuase they never made any images of them from the game only in screen shots sooo I had to hand draw them only with a mouse. :cool:

Blaster Art 02b: Then I color them to give them the arcade look to them as if they did came from the real arcade.

Blaster Art 03: And then I used the real logo title from there flyer and past it on the labal.

post-5587-1129293331_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1129293519_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1129293680_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1129293766_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atariboy2600

Awesome label, I may have to see how that looks when printed for my own Blaster cart.  :)

..Al

948450[/snapback]

Gee if only I had more money or somthing I could have a cart too :( But anyway hey Albert where can I post many of my 2600 and 5200 labels in High-Rez image like that Blaster label on this page so anyone can download them from The Last Starfighter, The A-Team, Dukes Of Hazzard to Super-Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, DKJr and others?

Atariboy you do an excellent job of these labels! I think I like Iratas Quest better though, something about that little fuji shield gets me all misty eyed. :) I think this label looks like something you would have seen back in the day though. kind of spacey themed background. Like a tempest or tron with the grids & objects just floating around. I like it! If I ever get a Blaster cart I'd like this label applied as well. I only wish Atari2600.com would get you to create fresh artwork for their First Star titles, instead of the photoshoped art they use.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Atariboy,

Great job on all these labels.

I've got a few questions about GIMP. Is it similar to photoshop or illustrator? Have you tried these other programs?

I did a quick search on GIMP. It looks like its a freeware program?

Just curious because I've never heard of GIMP but all your images look really nice.

Thanks!