IGNORED

Taito Legends

kevin242

I just got a copy of Taito Legends for the PC.. It's very slick and the emulation is

flawless... great selection of games, but didnt Taito do Arkanoid??? I can't find it

on here!!!! That really sucks because I love that one. Anyway Taito legends

is great well worth it!

They've omitted a lot of popular stuff like Qix. Bet it gets a sequel.

954419[/snapback]

I wouldn't be so bothered about that if they hadn't included Super Qix and Volfeid. Inlcuidng two "sequels" bot not the original is just WRONG.

The original Qix IS in one of the two Taito Memories discs for the PS2. I think it's funny how we have 3 taito 'classics' releases.. each with different, but often overlapping games. It makes you have to get them all. :|

I just tried the PC Taito Legends. The sound is Phoenix still sounds wrong to me. But yknow, it's been years now. And all these years of being assaulted by the horrible Mame version's poor emulation of it has officially corroded my memory to the point that I'm not even sure anymore of how it was supposed to sound in the first place :lol:

There is already a Taito Legends 2 in the making, which should arrive in the first quarter of 2006, I think...

I got mine in the mail last week, the weird thing is that the installation program was in Spanish, yet no Spanish game stores carry this game and it apparently WON'T be released here...

The contest thing is cool, yet unfair, it's not only for UK users, but only UK users have the chance of getting all the postcards without purchasing several copies of the game... :sad:

The original Qix IS in one of the two Taito Memories discs for the PS2.  I think it's funny how we have 3 taito 'classics' releases.. each with different, but often overlapping games. It makes you have to get them all.  :|

I just tried the PC Taito Legends. The sound is Phoenix still sounds wrong to me. But yknow, it's been years now. And all these years of being assaulted by the horrible Mame version's poor emulation of it has officially corroded my memory to the point that I'm not even sure anymore of how it was supposed to sound in the first place :lol:

954469[/snapback]

There was some discussion about how the US Taito Legends was using MAME to start with.

And I've had someone confirm that the PC version is using MAME ROM images and naming conventions, which lends some weight to the argument.

Space Invaders

Plump Pop

Jungle Hunt

Rastan

Bubble Bobble

Super Qix

Operation Wolf

New Zealand Story

Rainbow Islands

Battle Shark

Operation Thunderbolt

Continental Circus

Phoenix

Plotting

Space Invaders Part II

Volfied

Colony 7

Ninja Kids

Electric YoYo

Space Gun

Zoo Keeper

ThunderFox

Elevator Action

Tube It

Great Swordsman

Return of the Invaders

Gladiator

Tokio

Exzisus

Edited by Atariboy

That's the lineup for Taito Legends. Here's the lineup of the other ones for the PS2

Taito Memories Joukan                     Taito Memories Gekan
---------------------                     --------------------
Space Invaders Colour [1978]               1978 Space Invaders 
Lunar Rescue [1980]                        1979 Space Invaders Part 2 
Alpine Ski [1982]                          1980 Crazy Balloon 
The Fairyland Story [1985]                 1980 Balloon Bomber 
Kiki Kaikai [1986]                         1981 Qix 
Bubble Bobble [1986]                       1982 Wild Western 
Rastan Saga [1987]                         1983 Elevator Action 
Kuri Kinton [1988]                         1983 Chack 'n Pop 
Syvalion [1988]                            1983 Front Line 
Jigoku Meguri [1988]                       1985 Legend of Kage 
Cameltry [1989]                            1988 New Zealand Story 
Don Doko Don [1989]                        1988 Rastan Saga 2 
Flipull [1989]                             1988 Ramais 
Kyuukyoku Harikari Koshien [1990]          1989 Insector X 
Majestic 12 Space Invaders Part IV [1990]  1989 Cadash 
Runark [1990]                              1989 Violence Fight 
PuLiRuLa [1991]                            1990 Gun Frontier 
Metal Black [1991]                         1990 Hat Trick Hero 
Grid Seeker [1992]                         1990 Mizubaku Daibouken (Liquid Kids) 
Space Invaders DX [1994]                   1992 Arabian 
Darius Gaiden [1994]                       1995 Akkanvader 
Lightbringer [1994]                        1995 Gekirindan 
Elevator Action -Returns[1994]             1995 Puzzle Bobble 2 
Cleopatra Fortune [1995]                   1996 Raystorm 
Puchi Carat [1997]                         1997 G Darius

What's the full list of titles on this collection?

I want to buy this, but I'm a little apprehensive, since it was developed by Atomic Planet.  Some folks weren't too happy with their last classic game compilation, Mega Man Anniversary Collection.

JR

954649[/snapback]

At least it was released in your country...

Europe never got the last Mega Man for NES and we never got this compilation either! :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this yesterday for the PS2 and loving it! Been playing mostly Bubble Bobble, Elevator Action, Zoo Keeper and Rainbow Islands for now. Operation Wolf was as good as I remember but I have a question- does the targeting cursor seem to automattical slide to the bottom right of the creen for you even if you're not holding it in any directions?

Edited by KaineMaxwell

Ever since I was a very little kid, I've been waiting for the ability to play Zoo Keeper on a console.  Thank god they've finally released it.

Now if we can just get Data East to release Hippodrome...

960001[/snapback]

You and me both my friend. That game's been getting more playtime on Legends than anything else right now.

Zoo Keeper is best played with the volume of your television or stereo cranked way up, so you can fully appreciate the raw sound effects that raise the tension of the gameplay through the roof. Despite the family-friendly premise, this game's got a mean streak as vicious as anything Williams released in the early 1980's!

By the way, 1,129,750 is my best score so far. Can anyone beat it?

JR

Taito Legends doesn't like my modded Xbox.. hangs at the Space Invaders load screen... sigh. :/ Seems like this is happening more often, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe had a similar issue. Guess it's time to hook up the non-modded unit a little more permanently.. (hopefully it works on that one!)

(it's an old v1 with an old xtender chip so a Bios upgrade is a little out of the question AFAIK)

(Note: this is a LEGITIMATE purchased Taito Legends, please no lectures about piracy, it's not applicable!)

In case anyone cares, here is the web site for Taito Legends:

http://www.taitolegends.com/

And here's the one for Capcom Classics Collection:

http://www.capcomclassics.com/

I just got Capcom Classics Collection and it seems like Bionic Commando was more fun on the NES. Maybe I'll change my mind after I play it some more.

it seems like Bionic Commando was more fun on the NES. Maybe I'll change my mind after I play it some more.

Bionic Commando was definitely one of the best games made on the NES, but the arcade version was absolutely terrible. Unless you can associate playing that game with a fond memory, I don't think you'll be able to change your mind on that one.