IGNORED

Poll of the Atari Fuji Symbol: Part 1 - Color

atwwong

What is the definitive color for the Atari Fuji Symbol?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is the definitive color for the Atari Fuji Symbol?

• Orange - like on the original 2600 boxes and FB2 joysticks
    • White - on the 2600 hardware, Atari software boxes, etc.
    • Silver/Grey - on the 5200, 7800, and Jaaks
    • Red - on the Atari 80 Classics in 1
    • Rainbow - like on the 2600 Centipede
    • Other

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Yes, this is a strange survey, but curious minds (alright, mine at least) wish to know. What color is your favorite for the Atari Fuji symbol? If your choice is "other", please specify, and I'll add it here:

Other

Black 1

Later Atari Logo (jaybird3rd's - Atari Games) 2

post-32-1130220838.jpg

Edited by atwwong

I'll edit in comments and votes for "Others" in my original post under the poll.  So "Black" will get 1 for now...

953875[/snapback]

Cool, because there is something about it, that's it's so black, it's like; "How much more black could this be?" and the answer is: "None, none... more black."

I guess I was one of the few to vote "Other," because my favorite variation of the Atari logo happens to be the Atari Games logo that they used in their later years.  I'm currently using it in my avatar, in fact.

<--

953876[/snapback]

That's a cool logo with that stylized script.

Orange - like on the original 2600 boxes and FB2 joysticks

Isn't the logo on the FB2 sticks the new "bellbottom" logo? Or were you just referring to the color?

954029[/snapback]

This poll was originally intended to survey favorite colors, but feel free to post your comments on the different styles. Hmmm... that might be an interesting poll. I wonder if anyone likes the bellbottom logo over the original? jaybird3rd's logo pick sure is interesting.

A better poll would be: which do you prefer, the Original straight center bar or the Bellbottom shape? I prefer the original, however I am partial to the Atari Games version with the more modern Font and the wave of color.

I think the new bell bottom shape logo looks dorky.

Edited by Zonie

A better poll would be: which do you prefer, the Original straight center bar or the Bellbottom shape?  I prefer the original, however I am partial to the Atari Games version with the more modern Font and the wave of color.

I think the new bell bottom shape logo looks dorky.

954503[/snapback]

I've added a new poll: Poll of the Atari Fuji Symbol: Part 2 - Design where you can vote for your favorite Atari Fuji logo design.

Well, after a day it's neck and neck with white barely in the lead over rainbow.  Orange is a distant but respectable third.  Interesting.  Maybe white is neutral, rainbow stands out, and orange is nostalgia...  :ponder:

954489[/snapback]

I am quoting and replying to myself. :P These results are intriguing, as I would not have predicted how the votes would transpire. It is certainly a lot closer than the preferences for the original Atari Fuji design in the other poll. Thanks for voting! ;)

Voted other- the Atari Games logo from the mid-to-late '90s (jaybird3rd's avatar) looks modern without betraying the logo's heritage. That, and whenever I see that logo, I'm reminded of the greatest arcade racer not made by Namco or Sega- San Francisco Rush. :ponder:

Edited by ferrarimanf355