IGNORED

Shawn

This will be a great game I love BMX airmaster and Skate OR Die is even better! I have played the WIP already at Shawns house (although he won't let me have a ROM :x ) and it is alot of fun and it's only half done. Trust me on this one it's gonna be awsome. Wait till you see the label :lust:

I was angry when he said that he was hacking BMX airmaster but now that I have seen\played it I'm not angry, I'm impressed!!

Stay Classy AA ;) ,

Ron Burgundy

So...is someone working on the label...I had started one, but it wasn't so cool yet...

959374[/snapback]

Go ahead and take a crack at it if you want. I do have idea's and some rough drafts for the label that look pretty good but I'm open to any idea's anyone has.

EDIT: So what do you guys think Red Label, Silver Label or Original Black picture?

Edited by silver_surfer

I wonder if you could come anywhere near the coolness of the loading screen theme music? That was one of my favorite parts.

For the record, the C64 version of this really put the later NES port to shame. The C64 was pretty amazing, I thought it looked Amiga-esque. And the way the skater rotated 360 in pseudo-3D...good times, good times

So...is someone working on the label...I had started one, but it wasn't so cool yet...

959374[/snapback]

Go ahead and take a crack at it if you want. I do have idea's and some rough drafts for the label that look pretty good but I'm open to any idea's anyone has.

EDIT: So what do you guys think Red Label, Silver Label or Original Black picture?

959406[/snapback]

Red...Silver would be my second choice for htis one...

How about a WIP .bin file to test?

959472[/snapback]

I'm not satisfied with whats done so far. Wait a bit and maybe I'll post it for Christmas (about the same time the Carts are for sale).

@lord_helmet: lol... Thats the same label I was making..lol.. I scanned the NES box and came up with THE EXACT same thing. I guess it would be a no brainer as to what it should look like :P But AWSOME job man. I only made a RED & Black but the Silver looks SWEET!!

Till next time,

Shawn Sr.

I wonder if you could come anywhere near the coolness of the loading screen theme music? That was one of my favorite parts.

For the record, the C64 version of this really put the later NES port to shame. The C64 was pretty amazing, I thought it looked Amiga-esque. And the way the skater rotated 360 in pseudo-3D...good times, good times

959418[/snapback]

The sound is staying the same but it will be a full graphic change (obviously not gonna have a BMX in a skateboard game..lol..) Might see about changing the colors around a bit but I like them the way they are. I want to make this game for mauself first and foremost becuase when I got BMX Airmaster all I could think about was how cool it would be to have the same game but skateboarding. Soo.. I'm making it..lol.. Nothig like throwing a Classic name at it too!!

959472[/snapback]

I'm not satisfied with whats done so far. Wait a bit and maybe I'll post it for Christmas (about the same time the Carts are for sale).

@lord_helmet: lol... Thats the same label I was making..lol.. I scanned the NES box and came up with THE EXACT same thing. I guess it would be a no brainer as to what it should look like :P But AWSOME job man. I only made a RED & Black but the Silver looks SWEET!!

Till next time,

Shawn Sr.

959546[/snapback]

Ha! Great minds think alike!

Maybe you could release it with a choice of labels?

959472[/snapback]

Till next time,

Shawn Sr.

959546[/snapback]

Ha! Great minds think alike!

Maybe you could release it with a choice of labels?

959602[/snapback]

That might be possible. I'm thinking 20 or 30 carts would be about the most I can make seeing as this whole deal is a one man operation (me) and I don't think ( I could be wrong) that there would be any more intrest than about that many carts anyhow. So perhaps 15 red & 15 silver (?). I know for sure that carts will be numbered with #0 of #30 being mine of course and LIMITED EDITION on the label in case I have to make more in the future, This is all just off the top of my head also so nothing is in stone seeing as the game is a month or two from being done anyway..lol.. "Don't count the chickens" as I was once told. I will have to see what the response is like, I will do a poll a little later to see what the masses have to say to see if it's worth doing 2 different labels or not or if 30 carts would be too many in the first place cause I can't really afford to make TOO many extras as I don't want to sit on them, But you have a good idea with having a "variant" label. So what one will be the standard one, red or silver?? lol.. "Only The Shadow Knows" :D

Edited by silver_surfer

Ok.. wow... this is awesome! I haven't bought any 2600 homebrews before (  :ponder: ) (with the exception of one label change) but this I would most definately buy! I want the red label version however... being it's a 1990 game red is more fitting imo.

Very nice work!!!!!!   :lust:

959784[/snapback]

Talk about validating my work!! :lust: I iam up to a solid version 0.5 after all my work yesrterday. Might be able to replease the carts sooner than expected.

Also I thought about it, And there will be no ROM untill the carts are sold. Sorry if that sounds lame but those who bu the cart are in for a real great game.

Just ask PacManPlus, Ron_Burgundy or Birdie3 (offical BETA Testers) :ponder: :D :cool:

Shawn Sr.

Edited by silver_surfer