IGNORED

My FB2 Hack Website

Great job! Awesome  :thumbsup: But I agree that you need a pic of it working

963175[/snapback]

I added pic of it working.

A bit OT but what are the dimensions of the PCB in the flacshback? I'm workin on a plan

Next time I open up the FB2 I will try to get the dimensions of the board.

Next time I open up the FB2 I will try to get the dimensions of the board.

963253[/snapback]

2.5 inches high, 7.5 inches wide and a chunk of the width could be cut down by soldering in your own controller jacks. I was quite hot to build a FB2 portable for awhile.

963292[/snapback]

Are you talking about the "Rev A" board or the new "Rev B" board?

The "Rev B" board is smaller.

How does the cart guide secure into the cabinet? How does the cart slot secure to the guide so that everything remains in place when you insert/remove carts? It is by far the cleanest one I have seen, nice work! If you could take some pics to better show the fitment of the cart guide and slot that would really help!

How does the cart guide secure into the cabinet? How does the cart slot secure to the guide so that everything remains in place when you insert/remove carts? It is by far the cleanest one I have seen, nice work! If you could take some pics to better show the fitment of the cart guide and slot that would really help!

964697[/snapback]

I made a template for the cart guide in order to help me cut out a hole in the FB2.

I then used Loctite to secure the cart guide in place.

Edited by Kokovec

I agree that this is the best mod I've seen thus far. I too was wondering about the stability of the cart slot, that is, do you have to 'baby' it? I'm not talking ramming carts in there on purpose, but how durable is it?...and is the other side of the cart slot in a tight position, connection wise? If this is solid, I'm totally going to try, doens't look to complex.

I agree that this is the best mod I've seen thus far.  I too was wondering about the stability of the cart slot, that is, do you have to 'baby' it?  I'm not talking ramming carts in there on purpose, but how durable is it?...and is the other side of the cart slot in a tight position, connection wise?  If this is solid, I'm totally going to try, doens't look to complex.

965664[/snapback]

I have been using the cart slot almost every day and so far no sign of loosening.

If you carefully sand down the edges before you apply the Loctite it will help create a stronger bond.

I am pretty forceful when i place the carts into the slot and I yank them out in the usual fashion.

...where, if I may ask, did you get the cart slot and guide?..from an older VCS, or did you order from a company? I'd really like to try this project, cause if it comes out looking like yours and working well, that'd be great...but the soldering looks delicate, those are some small donuts!

What was your official parts list, by the way?

@atarilovesyou:  Both these places sell the cartridge slots & guides.

Best Electronics - Atari Parts & Sales - www.best-electronics-ca.com "located in canada"

atarimuseums fb2 mod pages

966824[/snapback]

I purchased my cart connectors and guide from Best Electronics (located in San Jose, CA, USA)

You have to purchase them in pairs (2 connectors, 2 guides).

@atarilovesyou:  Both these places sell the cartridge slots & guides.

Best Electronics - Atari Parts & Sales - www.best-electronics-ca.com "located in canada"

atarimuseums fb2 mod pages

966824[/snapback]

I purchased my cart connectors and guide from Best Electronics (located in San Jose, CA, USA)

You have to purchase them in pairs (2 connectors, 2 guides).

966830[/snapback]

thank you for the correction ;)