IGNORED

Has anyone ordered or seen the "Once Upon Atari" v

DEBRO

I have not heard of that one, let me know if you get any further info. Thanks for the other link to Stella at 20, I think my order was placed OK for that before they went out of stock. I also just recently won a VHS titles "How to beat Home Video Games Vol 1" from 1982. It's got some tips on playing some of the earlier 2600 games, nothing spectacular but still interesting. I think there are two more volumes to this, I'd love to find them!

I also just recently won a VHS titles "How to beat Home Video Games Vol 1" from 1982. It's got some tips on playing some of the earlier 2600 games, nothing spectacular but still interesting. I think there are two more volumes to this, I'd love to find them!    

Hey, weren't those videos distributed by Vestron? Great company, Vestron was.

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

Hey, weren't those videos distributed by Vestron? Great company, Vestron was.

Yes, they were. I was lucky to find this one, which was obviously a retired rental tape. It had the original box but was full of those ugly stickers - "bee kind, rewind". Thanks to a bottle of goo gone, I cleaned this up real swell!

• 3 weeks later...

I have had no luck with getting in touch with Scott I've tried e-mail and the phone numbers but no luck.

Would anyone be willing to make me a copy of these tapes so I can see them? I hate doing it this way but I would really like to see these.

I hope that someone can get in touch with Scott. It would be a shame for these to be lost forever. Maybe he would be willing to hand over the rights.

Yes I have one of the Once uon atari videos. It is good. I bought it because Larry Kaplan the creator of Kaboom is in it. It's pretty funny. They curse in the video. Rob Fulop is like "Being an atari programmer was cool but it didn't get you laid." and he says **** in another part of the video. The guy who did pac man is pretty funny too. He talks about how he smoked a joint with heroin in it "little bitty dots and the little bitty ghosts" haha those videos are funny.

www.geocities.com/elvis8atari

Because Howard Scott Warshaw shot this in a casual manner over a long period of time, with a non-obtrusive DV camera, the interviewees were in a more casual and genuine mood than is generally possible with interviews. I was especially moved by how Carla Meninsky cried at the end when expressing her nostalgia for the old days.

It's one thing for us to be nostalgic of our innocent Atari childhoods because most of us are nostalgic of our childhoods regardless of any real justification, but it is an affirmation of our nostalgia to see the Atari employees expressing similar feelings from their point of view.

You really get the sense of it being an idealistic era that can never come again, kinda the way I feel, as an employee in the sector who worked through it, about the brief dot-com boom.

My documentary is more technical and reverential in nature rather than introspective, although it has its moments, especially with Nolan, who has more reason to be angst-ridden about what happened to Atari than anybody else.

• 2 months later...

HSW is going to this year's CGE, although it doesn't appear he'll have a booth this time out. Hopefully someone can ask him when (or if) the last episode (#3) will ever be produced/sold?

Btw, here's the progression of all his known websites:

http://www.virtualvoices.com/atari/ (older front page) -> http://pw1.netcom.com/~hsw/hsw.html (older business site) -> http://home.netcom.com/~hsw/ (personal site) -> http://www.scottw.com/ (business site)

Yeah, he even interviewed ME for one of the videos ... the one that's supposed to be from the Atari player's point-of-view, and what they thought about the games. I don't know if that video ever came out, because I only ever got one of them. Does anyone have a list of the three videos that he released?