IGNORED

My review on Generation Nex

Lacan

I just got the Generation Nex today, and I think its great, it plays all of my games except for Castlevania III, in fact it even plays Commando even though on the compatibility list it said it didn't work, and I didn't get any glitches from River City Ransom so far. I guess I'm lucky. Believe it or not the sound quality and the picture quality is actually better then a Yobo or Family Boy. The controller is pretty good too, but not as good as a real NES controller.

I give it a 8.9, it would get a 10 if the sound quality was 100 percent like the NES and if Castlevania 3 worked *its just a green screen*.

Also games that had a really hard time getting to work on a Yobo or Family Boy like my Dragon Warrior 1 Cart, works perfectly on the first time I put it on my Generation Nex.

I know having a real NES 1 or a Famicom 2 AV is the best option, but I still like my Generation Nex.

BTW I know I'm going to be flamed.

The hatered is more on the dp site with one member that was on a crusade to destroy Messiah's reputation.

978459[/snapback]

OK, you got me. I made up all of that stuff about Messiah claiming that the NEX was not based on a NOAC, that it would have improved compatibility, and I also made up the fact that the NEX is not just another NES clone, which offers nothing substantially new or better over any other NES clone... no, the NEX is worth $30 more than a Neo Fami or a refurbished original NES. It turns out that Castlevania III and Gauntlet work perfectly, as do all of those wonderful Koei games, Camerica games, and NES reproductions. I was also lying about the A/V stuff. The NEX's video and colors are perfect... no they are better than the original NES's, and the audio is even better still! I was also making all that stuff up about the fact that an original NES can also be used with the same wireless controllers as the NEX. Of course that isn't true, I mean, if it was, then that means that somebody would have to sell a receiver unit, of sorts, which could be plugged into the NES's controller ports, so that the wireless controller could communicate with an original NES. The problem is that nobody makes such a receiver, and therefore the NEX is the only NES system capable of using wireless controllers.

I also had several forum accounts on this forum and at DP, which I used to post as numerous different people, pretending to attack attack the NEX and making up all sorts of lies. I also started several web sites, under different aliases, which I also used to write negative reviews about the NEX. Hell, I even got a job at Lik-sang, so that I could trick the company into dropping the NEX from our inventory by claiming that it wasn't up to our standards of quality. By the way, that negative comment on Lik-sang's NEX reviews was also written by me. It was all part of my plan.

Yes, Messiah was completely innocent of any wrong doing, and there are no problems with the NEX. I realize that I will go down in history as a big liar, and that the NEX will forever be recognized as an improved recreation of the original NES. In fact, most people will ditch their original NES systems in favor of this unofficial clone so that they can finally play all of their NES games, with improved audio and video and wireless controllers!

BTW, did you know that I was the person who started all of those false rumors about the Xbox 360 crashing and being incompatible with many original Xbox games? Yes, I am tricky bastard indeed. But hey, none of it is true, so you can just ignore the lies.

Edited by Jagasian
  • Like 1

Glad to hear a good review for the NEX.

However, I am still sticking to my toaster, as I have no problems with it, and its overclocked.

Lacan, he said that Castlevania III works. Just give it a good cleaning and see if it works.

Edited by keilbaca

Lacan, he said that Castlevania III works. Just give it a good cleaning and see if it works.

Yes, Castlevania III works perfectly. Don't trust all of the lies. There are no problems with the NEX. Your cart must be dirty. Anyway, if you can't get it to work, its no big deal. Any games that don't work aren't worth playing anyway.

Edited by Jagasian

The hatered is more on the dp site with one member that was on a crusade to destroy Messiah's reputation.

978459[/snapback]

OK, you got me. I made up all of that stuff about Messiah claiming that the NEX was not based on a NOAC, that it would have improved compatibility, and I also made up the fact that the NEX is not just another NES clone, which offers nothing substantially new or better over any other NES clone... no, the NEX is worth $30 more than a Neo Fami or a refurbished original NES. It turns out that Castlevania III and Gauntlet work perfectly, as do all of those wonderful Koei games, Camerica games, and NES reproductions. I was also lying about the A/V stuff. The NEX's video and colors are perfect... no they are better than the original NES's, and the audio is even better still! I was also making all that stuff up about the fact that an original NES can also be used with the same wireless controllers as the NEX. Of course that isn't true, I mean, if it was, then that means that somebody would have to sell a receiver unit, of sorts, which could be plugged into the NES's controller ports, so that the wireless controller could communicate with an original NES. The problem is that nobody makes such a receiver, and therefore the NEX is the only NES system capable of using wireless controllers.

I also had several forum accounts on this forum and at DP, which I used to post as numerous different people, pretending to attack attack the NEX and making up all sorts of lies. I also started several web sites, under different aliases, which I also used to write negative reviews about the NEX. Hell, I even got a job at Lik-sang, so that I could trick the company into dropping the NEX from our inventory by claiming that it wasn't up to our standards of quality. By the way, that negative comment on Lik-sang's NEX reviews was also written by me. It was all part of my plan.

Yes, Messiah was completely innocent of any wrong doing, and there are no problems with the NEX. I realize that I will go down in history as a big liar, and that the NEX will forever be recognized as an improved recreation of the original NES. In fact, most people will ditch their original NES systems in favor of this unofficial clone so that they can finally play all of their NES games, with improved audio and video and wireless controllers!

BTW, did you know that I was the person who started all of those false rumors about the Xbox 360 crashing and being incompatible with many original Xbox games? Yes, I am tricky bastard indeed. But hey, none of it is true, so you can just ignore the lies.

979529[/snapback]

I know that Dream TR on DP admitted latter that that nex was based on NAOC after he thought if wasn't before the Nex release.

I know that Dream TR on DP admitted latter that that nex was based on NAOC after he thought if wasn't before the Nex release.

Yup, but that was also after my repeated attempts to get him to post a compatibility list or pictures of the inside of the NEX, and after he personally attacked me for requesting such things before the release of the system.

DreamTR works for NubyTech, which is the publisher/distributor of the NEX. See here at Barnse and Noble's product page for the NEX:

http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/searc...003092628&Itm=1

Look at the page and find all of the occurances of "NubyTech". They have a financial connection to sales of the NEX, and DreamTR obviously shows his bias. It explains why he lied, why he attacked me for repeatidly inquiring about the use of a NOAC, etc. Buyer beware, those affiliated with the NEX have actively and continue to actively supress the truth.

• Like 1

Yup, but that was also after my repeated attempts to get him to post a compatibility list or pictures of the inside of the NEX, and after he personally attacked me for requesting such things before the release of the system.

DreamTR works for NubyTech, which is the publisher/distributor of the NEX.  See here at Barnse and Noble's product page for the NEX:

http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/searc...003092628&Itm=1

Look at the page and find all of the occurances of "NubyTech".  They have a financial connection to sales of the NEX, and DreamTR obviously shows his bias.  It explains why he lied, why he attacked me for repeatidly inquiring about the use of a NOAC, etc.  Buyer beware, those affiliated with the NEX have actively and continue to actively supress the truth.

980025[/snapback]

I am not shocked. Gameinformer is doing what Gamestop tells them what to do by the Covers of the Mag, and the way they review, and what items for Christmas gifts as a way for Gamestop to make money. They are known to lie in their covers and reviews. Messiah should have a say in gameinformer for promoting products.

Edited by 8th lutz

978459[/snapback]

979529[/snapback]

Well, at least you are admitting it. :P

Okay I'm starting to be concern now, Jagasian can you give me the links to the part where the truth of Generation Nex is revealed? I want to know what DreamTR said.

980173[/snapback]

It's nothing new. I'm pretty sure every last word of it was relayed to you when you asked if you should get one.

Okay I'm starting to be concern now, Jagasian can you give me the links to the part where the truth of Generation Nex is revealed? I want to know what DreamTR said.

980173[/snapback]

It's nothing new. I'm pretty sure every last word of it was relayed to you when you asked if you should get one.

980234[/snapback]

By request, here is the one and only thread that I started regarding the NEX:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73615

Basically all I did was pull together a bunch of word-for-word quotes and other info into one post. It pretty much definitely proves that people affiliated with Messiah were actively misleading the public about the NEX system. Suffice it to say that blowing that whistle made me allot of enemies, and I have been banned from the DigitPress forums. Which is bad news for you guys, cuz now I am going to make this my new home :sad:

Edited by Jagasian

No one is allowed to like the NEX, according to Jagasian, who no doubt thinks I got him banned at DP. Sorry, but I haven't the inclination or the pull to have even tried to.

Jagasian got Jagasian banned at DP. It's that simple.

I feel for you Lacan. Having an opinion on something you actually own used to amount for something. Would you believe some here post in depth opinions on products they don't own, and never wanted or intended to own? It's hard to believe but it's true.

I am the Canadian distributor for Messiah products including the NEX. My personal review of the console is as follows:

All in all I like this little clone. I've seen a few other clones, and they always look and feel like total junk. The NEX has a nice retail presence (nice packaging), and a smartly designed look to the console, that is to the original NES what the PSOne is to the original Playstation. A smart design tack to take IMO.

It has nice feature set, in that it works with most all common legacy controllers, plus the built in wireless ability is very sleek, if you happen to have and like Messiah's wireless controllers. Very small AC adapter brick, modern AV outs, and a Famicom slot make it the best clone I've seen, anyway.

On the downside, I think it's damned expensive. IMO it's price is a bigger problem with the unit than it's ~95% compatibility. At nearly $80 CDN, it's a pricey toy. It's more expensive than getting a real NES refurbished (shipped to OSG and shipped back), and that has 100% compatibility. Value wise, a real NES is definitely a better bet. But the NEX is a neat little clone. For what it is, it's a decent offering. In a world of Flashbacks and modded Flashback 2's, it's comparable offering, with some caveats. IMO.

I'd better back out of here before:

a) I get hit with some spittle from Jagasian's response to my biased, lying, corporate shill, attacking, and obviously community ripping off opinion :roll:

b) I draw him out too far, and he mouths off mods here and he gets himself banned here too.

Some friendly advice. IMO Atari Age is much more 'hard moderated' than DP is, so be careful.

Edited by omne

This post in that thread sums it up pretty well, IMHO

If you don't like the system or the way it works, don't buy it. It's as simple as that. I can't imagine that the people that own the games that have compatibility issues don't own at least a top loader that should play them just fine. For most people, this is a great way to have both a nes and famicom setup at the same time without having to resort to the extra wiring required by having 2 systems.

If that's not good enough for you, don't buy it. I don't like the way Ford does business but I would never consider a personal crusade against them. You've stated your case till the horse has been beaten fully into the ground. Don't support Messiah and don't buy a NEX. It's not that hard. If other people want to buy a NEX, that's perfectly fine. I can't think of any way this affects you personally, unless you are refurbing toasters and selling them on epay for a huge markup.

And just to clear up any preconcieved notions, I have absolutely no ties to Messiah, Nintendo, the people making any of the Famiclones, or anybody else remotely related to any gaming hardware. I'm a gamer that understands that when you are dealing with retro hardware, there is NO perfect solution for everybody's problems. Hell, I've got toasters that don't play all of the games I have. That's just the way it is.

I think we understand it's not perfect. It's still nice-looking and has built-in wireless support. As someone who thinks the Yobo is pretty cool, I like having lots of different options on the market.

Some friendly advice. IMO Atari Age is much more 'hard moderated' than DP is, so be careful.

Lacan can have his opinion, nobody said otherwise. Right now we are discussing facts. If a certain drug is released on the market, which has really bad side-effects, just because somebody personally isn't effected doesn't mean that there are not serious issues with the drug.

I never broke the rules of the DP forums until after the forum moderators at DP violated the rules of their own forum to personally attack me for starting a thread about the incompatibility of Messiah's wireless NES controllers with non-USA NES systems. After I was attacked, I took the issue up with another moderator. Each refused to enforce the rules against moderation abuse. If those who enforce the law refuse to abide by the law, then people like me are left with no other option than to fight back with written word. The fact that in the end they had to rely on their moderation powers to ban me as opposed to apply the forum rules shows how pathetic they are. They resorted to censorship.

I should add omne, that you claimed that the thread that I started about Messiah's wireless controller incompatibility was justly locked. Care to explain why?

The truth is that omne is so heavily involved with Messiah that according to him, nobody is allowed to criticize Messiah's products. He has stated, multiple times that people should not point out flaws in their products. Yet time and time again he has had to backpeddle when the facts proved his position unmaintainable. Just compare his position now, with the one he held before the NEX's release and the stance he held shortly after the NEX's release. From the very beginning, he rediculed me for pointing out numerous bits of evidence that point to the fact that the as then yet to be released NEX was nothing more than yet another NOAC based clone, and that the public was being deceived. The posts are still there, follow the link in my previous thread. He has gone on to attack anybody that criticizes the NEX as a mob that should be ignored. Check out his posts on DP to see, I am not making this up. He has many faces, and here demonstrates a supposedly kind and impartial stance, which is far from the truth.

omne, either explain why you state that my Messiah wireless controller thread was justly locked or STFU. If you are going to attack me and claim that I got myself banned, then back up your attacks with facts. I did not get myself banned, I was banned because the moderators at DP didn't like the truth. I am not afraid of getting banned from these forums because AA is not stuck up Messiah's butt, and the Atari community is more much understanding of why people would have issues against a crappy, inaccurate, and incompatible clone that was marketting as a replacement for the original system, as seen with the FB1 and FB2.

Edited by Jagasian

/wipes spittle from eye

You know, I'd like to respond to all of that, but really at this point I just skimmed it. The blather doesn't end from you. Keep it up, and I'll stop even skimming it.

What I did read that I will respond to...ok. I did not lock your locked thread at DP, so why the hell would I care the hows and whys of why it was done. ANYONE who posts regularly gets a thread locked for one reason or another eventually. You however managed to elevate it up to a full ban. Bravo! That takes a talent :D Start talking to AA mods like this:

Jagasian civilly pleading his case to DP moderation:

I am sorry that your level of literacy prevents you from reading my original post and noticing that Yashiro and you are wrong. My post had nothing to do with the NEX, and yet you wrote a lengthy PM to me, stating that it did. That is pathetic.

It is apparent from your picture that you spend too much time eating. Maybe spending a little less time on that would help improve your health and improve your ability to properly admin. You are nothing more than an angry fat man who compensates by abusing his administration privileges. I truly feel sorry for you.

Try it here. Go for it. What do I know? Of course you probably think the massive conglomerate Messiah industries is spreading the payola around to get you banned right? :roll:

Oh yeah. My posts on DP. Go read em all everybody. I'm not worried. OSG is a reliable and profitable business, with it's revenue stream unaffected by it's sales in Canada of Messiah products. Those sort of sales are a tiny niche market. At this point, Messiah products have contributed less than a quarter of 1% to OSG's margin revenues for 2005. I really have ZERO stake in the NEX's success or failure (unlike the boys at Messiah) as OSG is very diversified. My reasons for defending Messiah are based on knowledge that:

a) Messiah guys are not crooks

b) the bashing in the forum was blatantly character assassination with a nice dollop of mob 'me too' posting. Note in all those threads, the people who actually ordered and got an NEX were the more positive posters overall. Just like this thread

c) the little clone's biggest detractors (you) never wanted one, and don't have one. And you compared yourself to Consumer reports for crissakes.

d) bringing a product to market is HARD, with time pressures, capital pressures, compromises and much more. Posting " I don't have an NEX but it sux" on the internet is easy.

If anyone ever wonder why neat classic gaming projects stay on the drawing board for ever, or are killed before they become real, take a good look at Jagasian. That blind negativity divides the community, and hurts those who at least have the balls to try.

I hope Curt Vendel is reading this. I'd love to hear his take on Messiah's first attempt. Unlike Jagasian, his opinion would have some weight based on experience and knowledge.

Post if you want Jagasian. I know you've read every word of my post. I've stopped doing more than skimming yours. I may keep reading. Hard to say. I warned you that you were hurting your own credibilty. Now you can spit through it (in my eyes). ( :D I made a pun!!)

Oh, and to Lacan, sorry for doing this in your thread. Enjoy your NEX. I've sold out all of my units, and all of the ones I've sold have helped OSG continue to leave a trail of happy customers in it's wake. Every customer who got a NEX from OSG have been made aware of the 95% compatibility prior to selling/shipping them the unit. I did get one return, but the unit was defective, and a replacement unit was cross shipped out immediately, and the problem was solved.

Don't listen to me though! Crooks and thieves all, right Jagasian? :D

Jagasian. Just stop already. Please. No one cares. No one has cared, no one currently cares, no one in the future... will care.

It's a clone system. It doesn't work with all games. You know what, neither does the PS2 work with all PS1 games, even though that's part of their selling point. Who cares? They had the will and ability to try and they did.