IGNORED

Shawn

I am happy your making this hack.  I'm wonder after you finish Super Mario Bros. and"Skate or Die", would you be attempting to do some 7800 hacks?

981067[/snapback]

I would do some 7800 hacks but I have alot fo learning to go before doing so. Any hacks for the 7800 I would do would be mainly adding proper endings to all those games that loop.

Hey,

I'm not letting any info out about this hack but I know it will be done by Feb 06. I even put my work on "Skate Or Die" on the back burner as of late to work on this game (and yes, Skate Or Die is still being worked on). I only hope this game will be as fun for others to play as it has been for me to make, I personally belive I have used the best game possible to hack into SMB (but I'm not telling what game). No more details for now, Just a couple of actual charcter sprites I enlarged from screen shots I made from stella. I thought this little poster type thing looked neat to share the news with everyone.

Untitled_1.jpg

Happy Holidays,

Shawn Sr.

980966[/snapback]

By the looks f the sprites on the pic are you hacking Smurfs Rescue in Gargamel's Castle?

I would do some 7800 hacks but I have alot fo learning to go before doing so. Any hacks for the 7800 I would do would be mainly adding proper endings to all those games that loop.

981086[/snapback]

sounds great. i think it would be awesome to have a few kool endings for the 7800. the sprites look great and thanks for the updates...can't wait. :)

I am happy your making this hack.  I'm wonder after you finish Super Mario Bros. and"Skate or Die", would you be attempting to do some 7800 hacks?

981067[/snapback]

981086[/snapback]

Cool! The 7800 needed ending for games. Looking forward to when you do.

Cool! The 7800 needed ending for games.  Looking forward to when you do.

It won't be anytime soon I start into 7800 games so don't get your hopes up cause I know jack shyte about 7800 hacking\programming. I've only been just getting into 2600 games over the last couple of months so I'll play in the 2600 yard for a while before going over to the 7800.

Edited by silver_surfer

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

I am getting close to finishing the game and I want to try and get a good idea how many carts I need to make as my overhead for this project is slim to none so making extra's will hurt me in the long run. So if your intrested in buying a copy of this hack "Super Mario" please post here to let me know as I will only be making as many as are ordered so unless you speak up odds are I won't have the parts to make your cart as I am ordering all the boards and chips at the same time. The labels will be very nice High Glossy for the cart and I think I'll make up a manual also but there will be no box as a box is just in in the budget. The carts will be $28 USD shipped to the USA or Canada ($24 for the cart and $4 for shipping). If you live overseas or whatever let me know and I can get a shipping quote for you. The game is NTSC and PAL compatible.

LMK,

Shawn Sr.

This sounds interesting, however, I'm not going to promise to buy one of these sight unseen, especially so soon after Christmas spending. At least show us some screenshots or something.

Good luck!  :)

990175[/snapback]

Screens comming soon, I think I might be better off just making 20 carts and see if they sell. And if they do thats great. It might even warrent a second print run at a future date. So ya I'll post some screen shots ASAP.

Darn, what happened to Mr. Happy Cloud?

991017[/snapback]

Hey your right!! IT is suposed to have a smile!! I better change that!! Thanks for pointing that out!!

Cheers,

Shawn

EDIT: So what do you think of the Turtle, Princess, Mario, The Stompy (brick dude)? I think I got about as close as possible with the amount of pixels I had to work with. Pretty cramped for space with the enemy sprites.

I still gotta change the Hawk into someting else but he is only 3 frames worth to make his "animation". I thought about a flying turle or a flying mushroom but I'm having a hard time with getting either to look right. Any suggestions? I was also playing with the idea of a fire ball in place of the hawk but then I will have to remove the hawks "noise" he makes cause I fireball sure doesn't make a bird call at you..lol.. Also I should let everyone know this is a ONE player game.

Cheers,

Shawn

Edited by silver_surfer

These screenshots look awesome! Count me in I'd definitely like a copy. I'm a huge fan of Smurfs for the 2600 (more so than the CV version actually), and I'm a huge fan of Super Mario Bros for the NES, so this is a nice mixture indeed. :D

Ok,

I am getting close to finishing the game and I want to try and get a good idea how many carts I need to make as my overhead for this project is slim to none so making extra's will hurt me in the long run. So if your intrested in buying a copy of this hack "Super Mario" please post here to let me know as I will only be making as many as are ordered so unless you speak up odds are I won't have the parts to make your cart as I am ordering all the boards and chips at the same time. The labels will be very nice High Glossy for the cart and I think I'll make up a manual also but there will be no box as a box is just in in the budget. The carts will be $28 USD shipped to the USA or Canada ($24 for the cart and $4 for shipping). If you live overseas or whatever let me know and I can get a shipping quote for you. The game is NTSC and PAL compatible.

LMK,

Shawn Sr.

989969[/snapback]