IGNORED

(Fall Down) for the Dreamcast

Moondoggie1968

Here's a quick and dirty port I did tonight, this is a great game and thought I'd share for those of you who have a dreamcast.

Been playing this game on PC emulators for a while and it's always great. Turns out it works great on the Dreamcast Atari Emulator too, although there is some lag the faster the game gets but worth a look.

looking forward to playing this great game on some real hardware real soon once I get my eprom burning station going.

http://computerdirect.homeip.net/FallDown/

Click the above link to download it since I can't attach it.

Let me know what you think.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, I just got Stella DC running mostly for this game, but I will try the ported version now! Thanks!

994635[/snapback]

Am I mistaken, or is this is a cd image of StellaDC with the Falldown ROM?

I downloaded the file, but it gave me a recording procedure error when I tried to burn the CD. Also, Alcohol 120% won't allow me to mount the image to a virtual drive to try on Chancast.

Not to drag this totally off-topic, but how hard was it to "port" this game to the Dreamcast? Is this something that can be done with other games? This one runs much smoother than the Stella version and the control seems better (though I might just be imagining that). I would love to see some sort of "Dreamcast Atari Homebrew" disk.

And yes, I will still buy the 2600 carts anyway.

Burn it with Nero!

995361[/snapback]

hey i made a port of Fall Down in qbasic back in august.

it's my favorite homebrew that i owned (i had Fall Down, Star Fire, Skeleton+, and Mental Kombat Philly Edition).

if anyone is interested i can post it. i don't want you guys to think i'm spamming the board.

997557[/snapback]

Please post the game. :) I'd like to check it out.

hey i made a port of Fall Down in qbasic back in august.

it's my favorite homebrew that i owned (i had Fall Down, Star Fire, Skeleton+, and Mental Kombat Philly Edition).

if anyone is interested i can post it. i don't want you guys to think i'm spamming the board.

997557[/snapback]

Please post the game. :) I'd like to check it out.

997562[/snapback]

okay here you go!

DOWN.BAS (v0.24) Down.bas

be warned:

- i never finished the solo mode (you can thank Hurricane Katrina for that).

- it will probably run too fast, so you might want to jack up the Run Speed (from the Configure option on the Mian Menu) from 45 to like 800 (depending on your processor speed).

- you might also want to dumb down the computer player too if you have a newer pc. to do that, press PageDown once from the top of the code (blue qbasic screen) and change the THINK number from 9 to 90-ish.

Edited by bomberpunk