IGNORED

Ski Hunt NTSC Conversion

R.Cade

Hello,

Here is an updated version of my NTSC conversion of Ski Hunt. I removed a few more lines so it would not creep over 280 and make the screen roll. The kernel in this game is really buggy, so even the original PAL version will blank the screen in later levels that move fast (5+). I originally thought I caused this bug during the conversion, but the original does it as well. I don't yet have the knowledge to debug the game, but may revisit that in the future.

Pete

skihunt.zip

Wow! Really good game if you fix the bugs. The deer sprites are great. I liked just about everything in the game except for the skiier sprites. When you move parts of him tend to move.. like the black on his face or whatever.

I like how it has different things.. ie: you start out skiing then have to kill deer. I only played to level 2, but I like how it has different obstacles.

Hi. I have this game somewhere and have found an emulation bug.

The tip of the mountain graphics are a little screwed up. This is present in the PAL version too on all emus (to my knowledge).

To be fixed in next Stella release.

Nice fix though mr Cade!

Merry Xmas all,

Sean

989349[/snapback]

It uses an unusual scheme to derive the colors- I had to hack at it to change them. Do the mountain peaks look different on the real thing?

I need to make a "games I don't have on cart" multicart here soon. I have a 7800 on the way to do the dev mod also... :)