IGNORED

Logan's Run Redux

~llama

I'm scrapping the code that I had for Thought Police (search the posts here or its in the [stella] archives) and going back to the drawing board. Originally it was supposed to be a game based on Logan's Run, or something similar, and the overwhelming consensus was that Logan's Run would be a better Adventure/Superman style game.

How would it work? Just plot the game around the storyline of the book, and have a really large world map?

I'm interested in reviving the Logan's Run game, although I think I may end up going back to something similar to the first Thought Police mockup.

Umm... nevermind. I couldn't delete this thread so instead I'll just say that if anyone else wants to do a Logan's Run-based game, go for it. I'm not going to. I have a new idea :) I'm working on a mockup to see if it's possible before I start blabbing about it though.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm scrapping the code that I had for Thought Police (search the posts here or its in the [stella] archives) and going back to the drawing board. Originally it was supposed to be a game based on Logan's Run, or something similar, and the overwhelming consensus was that Logan's Run would be a better Adventure/Superman style game.

How would it work? Just plot the game around the storyline of the book, and have a really large world map?

I'm interested in reviving the Logan's Run game, although I think I may end up going back to something similar to the first Thought Police mockup.

993476[/snapback]

Hi

i could not find the Thoght police file.Could you post it please?

greetings gambler172

993476[/snapback]

I was thinking that a good way to approach "Logan's Run" might be sort of like an adventure game, but not quite-- something along the lines of "Krull," in the sense of being a series of scenes or mini-games that you must get through to progress to the end of the story, perhaps picking up necessary items along the way.

I went out and bought "Logan's Run" on DVD to refresh my memory, but I haven't watched it yet. However, I would start by listing the key scenes that tell the story or move it along in a necessary fashion, and try to see which ones could be made into mini-games, or could otherwise be fit into a type of adventure scenario. But some scenes could be more to lend atmosphere than to contribute to attaining the end goal. For example, there could be a mini-game involving "riding the Carousel," or however they referred to it, where you play a person who must "swim" or climb through the air and reach the top, earning points based on how well you do (i.e., how fast you reach the top and explode as compared to the other people).

I might also throw in some humor. For example, when Logan and Jessica(?) are trying to escape the robot, and he tells them that he freezes people because he used to freeze the fish for food (to feed the city), but the fish stopped coming, I'd like to have a man go running across the screen yelling "Soylent Green is people! Soylent Green is people! Um, isn't this soundstage 5? Oh, sorry, wrong movie!" ;)

Using that sort of approach, your "Thought Police" game could be included as one of the mini-games.

However, I believe the author of "Logan's Run" has been working to get the movie remade, and I have a feeling that he wouldn't approve of an unlicensed "Logan's Run" game being made. :(

Michael Rideout