IGNORED

Jaguar Forum Rules - Read Before Posting!

Albert

As we've had problems with discussions in the Jaguar forum that have degenerated into name calling and flaming, as well as outright trolls, this post is here to set some guidelines. Yes, we already do have some Forum Guidelines and Rules, but as the Jaguar forum has been more problematic than most, I'd like to set a few things straight and lay down some clear rules.

First, AtariAge was started five years ago to disseminate information about the various Atari game consoles, initially covering the 2600, 5200 and 7800, and later adding the Lynx and Jaguar. Our primary goal was to be a fairly comprehensive source of information about Atari systems and games, and the forums are a natural extension of that. The site's admin (myself) has been a long-time Jaguar owner, fan and supporter and continues to be, with over 100 news postings on the front page of AtariAge related to the Jaguar and has setup Jaguars at various classic gaming events for people to enjoy.

The Jaguar forum exists to discuss Jaguar related news, hardware, software, programming, events, and so forth. Anyone is welcome and encouraged to talk about the Jaguar, as long as it is done so in a civilized manner. But if you cannot do this without insults, without name calling, and without baiting other users into fights, then you are not welcome here. This counts for existing members as well as new members who sign up. And this is especially true if you want to come here just to pick a fight.

So, let me reiterate things that will either get your threads locked, posts deleted, or ultimately banned:

- Don't attack other users: This is pretty straightforward. If you can't say something nice, or at least neutral about someone, then do everyone a favor and don't say it publicly. This will not be tolerated by anyone, which includes moderators.

- Don't Troll: If you are here to stir up the pot and cause trouble, you'll quickly be shown the exit. Trolls are sometimes obvious, sometimes subtle, but if you signed up on AtariAge to cause trouble, you're not welcome and we will ban your account. Likewise, if you enjoy talking about how you'd love to see "AtariAge fall" on another site, don't act surprised when your account here is banned.

- Don't Discuss Piracy: I don't want to see any discussion about producing pirated Jaguar games. Jaguar games are still easy to find and many homebrew and recently published games can be purchased new from their respective parties. Please support the Jaguar homebrew scene by supporting its developers!

If you are in a discussion that is becoming heated, please take a moment to consider your post before hitting the "Submit" button. Will your message contribute positively to the thread? Great! Will it cause the thread to lose focus, or worse, degenerate into name calling? Not so great! Again, the Jaguar forum is here for Jaguar fans to discuss the Jaguar in an environment free of name calling, free of insults, and free of flame wars. Please also keep in mind that AtariAge is visited by fans young and old, which is one of the reasons we like to promote friendly discussion.

Finally, we are not trigger happy when it comes to moderation or banning users. And certainly you would never be banned for simply expressing your views or defending yourself in a thread (in other words, we are not going to "censor" your posts). But we will moderate according to the rules stated above (and a few others stated in the Forum Guidelines and Rules). Most forums are moderated to prevent devolving into chaos. If chaos is your thing, then AtariAge is not the place for you.

If anyone has any specific questions or thoughts regarding what I wrote above, I'd be happy to discuss them with you, just send me a personal message.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 3