IGNORED

Magical Tree is finally here! (ColecoVision)

opcode

Hi everybody,

After some well deserved vacations, I am back. Here is some pictures of my next CV release, Magical Tree. As usual it comes with box and manual.

The game will be officially released at NWCGE2006. Please pre-order it before going to the show so I can have a good idea of how many copies I need to ship to the NWCGE guys (leave a message here in this thread). After NWCGE, Magical Tree will be available from AtariAge store.

BTW, I am having problems with my eduardo@opcodegames.com email account. I am not getting emails from a lot of domains, and don't have a clue why. I thought maybe I was blacklisted, but it isn't the case. If you tried to contact me in the last two months and didn't get a reply, probably your email got blocked. Please contact me via AA private message.

Next release will be Pac-Man Collection...

Eduardo

post-1432-1139157258_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1139157279_thumb.jpg

post-1432-1139157303_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention credits:

Manual text: Jess Ragan (Manekineko)

Package and artwork: Dale Crum, based on original artwork by Konami

This version was improved in the following areas (when compared to the original MSX version):

- Graphic engine got a lot of fine tuning. It's faster and smoother than the MSX version.

- Several graphic glitches were corrected

- Intro music "hiccup" removed.

- New castle music theme. In fact the music data was already there, but Konami didn't use it for some reason (maybe they forgot, or they didn't have more memory left in the cartridge to call it).

- New menu system. Original menu used numeric keys to select option.

Just a side note, the MSX was released just in Japan and is pretty rare. Since it didn't get an European release, the original manual was 100% Japanese. In fact the original manual was pretty anemic, so Jess wrote the CV version from the ground up. Even without an official European release, many copies got imported from Japan (or pirated), and Magical Tree became one of the most popular Konami games among MSX users. It's a simple yet addictive climbing game.

More pictures soon...

Eduardo

• 1 month later...