IGNORED

Hex disks intact! but no clear pic of them.

Wester

Hey, wow, that picture looks familiar!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8256124840

Full disclaimer: I thought these looked pretty fresh and tasty and I need a new set of sticks. I like the regular old ones and I am tough on them. So, I thought that for $12 it wasn't a bad deal. I'd also been drinking beer. So I bid, and had another beer. then kept being outbid and was astounded. I mean, $35 for atari sticks? In nice shape, sure, but...

And that's the rest of the story.

I need to register an eBay "been drinking" ID.

Edit: the auction has since been removed.

Those are "Vader" joysticks.  :ponder:

There is no such thing as repro hexdiscs.  :roll:

1014951[/snapback]

Edited by phaxda

Yes it's true, I just bought them. My husband has talked about those hex disc controllers. He was hooked on atari ever since I sold the River Patrol game to someone by the name of Joe at Digital Press. He told me they would be very expensive..so I thought i found a set and was going to suprise him with a nice profit. Well he saw the auction and cancelled it due to they are not what I thought they were.

Thanks guys for setting me straight...without blasting me, as that is what my husband did.

Shirley

I know that I heard a lot of talk about Hex repros.  I don't even mess with them because of this.

The seller is doing a little keyword spamming as well.

1014934[/snapback]

I read somewhere on these forums where somebody said that hex discs being sold by B & C ComputerVisions might be repros. They have a flat finish, while someone said the originals are glossy. It was also said that B & C's are thicker than the originals. But then someone else said that both styles were original.

I don't know which of them to believe, but I believe the discs could easily be replicated.

It was also said that B & C's are thicker than the originals.

1014991[/snapback]

I'm not sure if anyone else spoke of them...but I did mention that the originals are much thinner and have a shiny finish.

Originals on right... :)

post-4982-1139430505_thumb.jpg

The next pair of joysticks look really good....They have been sitting in a box...for a very long time. I found them at an old toy store in Chagrin Falls Ohio...They were not with the 2600 that they were meant for. The DIRT or GRIME you are referring to would be DUST from storage...If you want me to...I'll even clean them for you..Lets not get so anal...The boots are not scratched or cracked...However as I told you in my email..I took close up pics of the Joysticks...if you don't like..Don't Bid..For those who like them..I gladly accept those bids.

These Joysticks were never sold..I was they only person who bought them. That I know as a fact! They might have been used on an In-Store Demo...as that is what the owner of the store told me when she went into the basement to get them..

I guess I should just wipe my stuff down with AmorAll as alot that I see on e-bay does. However I am not that type of seller...

Just to let you guys know...I was also outbid on a set of Joysticks with the SEARS HEX DISC on them...looks like everyone missed this one as I got sniped at the end..

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-Two-Vintage-Ata...1QQcmdZViewItem

1015315[/snapback]

:x ...Damn...those went under the radar!

That was some grab! I love all the dopey B.S. stories people gave! :roll: :P

I just found my Atari...blah, blah, blah.... :roll: .

That was some grab!  I love all the dopey B.S. stories people gave! :roll:  :P

1015342[/snapback]

I saw them, but I did not know what they were worth. Are the pair worth $40? I noticed the BS stories trying to end the auction early too. What do the Hex keys look like?

Just to let you guys know...I was also outbid on a set of Joysticks with the SEARS HEX DISC on them...looks like everyone missed this one as I got sniped at the end..

1015315[/snapback]

Yeah, but you were correct to write "DISC" (singular), as only one stick has it. I don't know if it's worth much more than what it got, with only one hex disc.

1015315[/snapback]

That was some grab! I love all the dopey B.S. stories people gave! :roll: :P

1015342[/snapback]

Not my radar, I was in there at the end. Just stumbled across them, though, and thought, you know, I have a nice Sears heavy that would go with....

Clear esnipe purchase though, I was high bidder until 6 seconds before it was to end, and then I was pummeled. Oh well.

I like how these regular joysticks are still rarer than River Patrol , Waterworld ,Glib , Crazy Climber , X MAN , Malagia , Quadrun , Stronghold

1015410[/snapback]

;) ...I would have to say, yes...these are much higher on the rarity list then those carts.

:cool:

post-4982-1139516451_thumb.jpg