IGNORED

updating Midnight Magic for the 2600

jpfalcon2003

Midnight Magic is a great pinball game made for the 2600. Definitely WAY better than the original one. Has lots of nice options to where you can get 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. The graphics are nicely done also. The only problem i see with Midnight Magic is there aren't enough things on the screen to hit to keep the game ball lasting longer. It makes the game really difficult. For someone to flip that high score, it would be very difficult.

I would recommend to someone that wants to make a new homebrew version of the game, to take the score out of the center of the screen and put things to hit in all that open space and make your ball last longer. The score can be placed at the top of the screen or on the side.

Also, the point system needs to be giving more points than it offers. A normal pinball machine would score way more points for hits made. The scoreboard can go up to 999,999 without flipping. If someone on here gets over 300,000, they are very lucky. Me and my brother couldn't get over 250,000 playing for hours at a time.

I'm not sggesting to make the points ridiculously high so it can be flipped numerous amounts of times, but the score needs to be adjusted to where it gives at least 5x more points than what is being given now. With that done, maybe someone then will finally be able to flip the game.

Just thought it would be a good idea to recommend this great game for a new Homebrew. I hope someone agrees.

Jeff

Edited by jpfalcon2003

I've hit a million.

When you get an extra ball, the playtable does the rainbow-flash for a few seconds. When you roll the score over, the black background does the rainbow-flash, making the whole screen dance around if your TV is like mine.

The game is hard, no question, and I've only hit a million once. Still, I keep coming back for more, so I'd say the difficulty is where it needs to be.