IGNORED

Rambrandt 2.0 questions

calfranklin

It's just called the 'Atari Touchtablet' and happened to be sold with AtariArtist, it was never meant to be used exclusively for AtariArtist. It was sold in other countries with other art programs made by the Atari division of that particular country, IIRC, though some countries got the same program. I think Germany got a program called 'Paint' something or other, I don't remember what position "Paint" held in the name either. I'll check. But there are quite a few art programs that can use the Atari Touchtablet, but Rambrandt is one of the best. Be sure to download Rambrandt's 'Solit Object Module' too, it's a incredible addition to Rambrandt. If you would like me to recommend any other Touchtablet compatible programs, in various graphic modes and from 1-256 colors or more, let me know.

On a side note, I've been looking for what I've read is the PREMIER art program on the Atari, it's called ESCALPAINT, it used either 256 or 4096 color graphics from a pallette of over 32,000. I think it was a German program, but don't know for sure...anyone know where I can get a copy of it? I'd prefer and require an original copy, if I can find one, but I would like a download to at least check it out. It was released late in the 8-bits "viable" years(worldwide), in the early '90s I'm pretty sure. I first read about it in either AtariUser magazine (the short lived, FREE, american rag that was given out at Atari dealers or by subscription, NOT the OTHER Atari User) or it might have been Atari Interface Magazine, the other mag late in Atari computers "viable" years. The second time I read about it was in a newsletter from my user's group, it was around the same time that Ke-soft games were being sold in the U.S. (and had ads in these magazines), but I'm not sure if it was Ke-soft that was distrubuting it or not.

Edited by Gunstar