IGNORED

BOMB Wall Defender in this lot!

CPUWIZ

wow that went high.. I got a z-tack a few months back in a bigger lot for 50 bucks. :)

1020662[/snapback]

NTSC or PAL?

:ponder:

1020665[/snapback]

Well I havn't had a chance to check and make sure it was NTSC... I'll check thou.

After looking for the auction I paid $100 with the console so I didn't think it was a bad score. The only thing wrong with the console was the rf cable connector was cut.

z-tack auction

Edited by jay2068

Well.. I tried it and all I get is vertical color lines. Does this make it PAL or just defunct?

It does have a small capacitor on it. Would that make it not work if it was a bad cap?

1020788[/snapback]

I hope some intense cleaning will bring back to life. Can you post a picture of the small capacitor? I've never handled a Bomb cart before and would love to see what you are talking about.

I had no idea that it wasn't in a shell. I thought it was visible through an open-ended shell or something. I'm guessing you tried cleaning it with rubbing alcohol etc. Whatever you do be careful with that chip. I'm leaving it to the more technical minded for advice, as I have never seen a capacitor on a chip like this before. I can't tell from your pic if it says Z-Tack or not anywhere on it. You are sure it is though, Jay? Do you just know it's Z-Tack from the auction listing or did you score a manual or something? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

BTW that chip is awesome. I love seeing different stuff like that.

Well.. I tried it and all I get is vertical color lines. Does this make it PAL or just defunct?

It does have a small capacitor on it. Would that make it not work if it was a bad cap?

1020788[/snapback]

On the back of your cart do you have a sticker? If the sticker says N then it is NTSC. If it says P then it is PAL. The Bomb carts have a very bad reputation for not working.

I do have the shell for the game. I took it apart.

The chip itself says:

2332c

BOMB CA283P

The label on the back of the cart  is there but it's to worn to tell.

I'm thinking from the 'BOMB CA283P' the P stands for PAL?!?!?

1020960[/snapback]

Yes it does.

I am afraid that this cart is not going to work again, BOMB ROM's are notorious for dying. They must have used a very cheap manufacturer. I have seen dozens of dead BOMB carts.