IGNORED

Landon Dyer Blog

Allan

I wrote a nice plug about DOnkey Kong on the usenet boards many moons ago - Landon wrote me an email from that with a few comments about the game - Unfort lost due to a HD crash the few things noted were:

1. The cart version is not the final one - there were a few more fixes that didnt make it

2. When Mario dies the chars overlap - this was one of the things fixed

3. No matter how he scrunched it the first board didnt look right with another level to the girder/tower

4. Landon worked alot on the smoothness of Mario's jumps - something about spending lots of time tweaking to algorithm to just it perfect :)

Thats all I remember - I was surprised I got a msg!

I wrote a nice plug about DOnkey Kong on the usenet boards many moons ago - Landon wrote me an email from that with a few comments about the game - Unfort lost due to a HD crash the few things noted were:

1.  The cart version is not the final one - there were a few more fixes that didnt make it

2.  When Mario dies the chars overlap - this was one of the things fixed

3.  No matter how he scrunched it the first board didnt look right with another level to the girder/tower

4.  Landon worked alot on the smoothness of Mario's jumps - something about spending lots of time tweaking to algorithm to just it perfect :)

Thats all I remember - I was surprised I got a msg!

1026971[/snapback]

There was also an easter egg in DK somewhere. If you did a certain combination of moves then died his initals would appear in the Level/Score box. Landon doesn't remember how to trigger them though. I don't remember hearing about another version of DK though, I'd be interested in hearing more about what was fixed.

Landon was very willing to talk, he's a nice guy.

Tempest

From what I remember the 'death' Mario looked better in the later revision - like many software houses you never know which one will hit the 'gold' release - The one with the fixed death sequence didnt IIRC - Mario is a bit scrunched at the end of the commercial bin

From what I remember the 'death' Mario looked better in the later revision -  like many software houses you never know which one will hit the 'gold' release - The one with the fixed death sequence didnt IIRC - Mario is a bit scrunched at the end of the commercial bin

1029761[/snapback]

I guess so. I'd love to see a side by side though.

Tempest