IGNORED

Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion

Red 5

Just some random, odd tidbits and thoughts.

I never thought I'd say this but I've had to resort to using dead carcasses as storage areas for my goods when I'm looting a dungeon. :lol:

It's kinda fun joining a guild and then proceeding to take everything and sell it back to them. :D

I think I'm slowly getting the hang of the melee system to where I can actually get in a few whacks without being 0wned. Although I still resort running around like a madman while my health recharges. Luckily the AI aint to bright sometimes and you can keep them running in circles.

Had this one quest where the guys tried to lock me into a room so they could pound on me. Too bad I pickpocketed the key from him and ran outside where there is more manuevering space.

Interesting game.. If you dont activate a quest, some items and creatures will not appear in certain dungeons. I like doing quests though they give you lots of little magical items that help with the rest of the game.

You can actually have a quest become available by listening to other characters talk to each other. I've also have quests come up as my notoriety increased.

I had one quest where all the members of this secret little "club" were voiced by the same actor. You'd think they woulda tried to be more careful about stuff like that.

I know this may sound strange, but I just started getting into alchemy. Potions are too expensive and creating them is a little daunting at first. What are some of your favorite potions to mix? I'm currently at apprentice.

I wish the inventory/stat system was a little better organized. Navigating it can be tedious sometimes. Plus I have this bad habit of hitting the sneak button in the middle of a battle. Very annoying.

Edited by Shannon

Here's a fun one...

Beat Thieve's Guild quests.

Now my infamy is higher than my fame.

Can't pray at altars.

That sucks !

'Leave heathen !'

Looks like I will have to be good for a while.

I got the two new levels online.

I have one hell of a nice house WAY up in the mountains. :D

Beat Thieve's Guild quests.

Now my infamy is higher than my fame.

Can't pray at altars.

That sucks !

'Leave heathen !'

Looks like I will have to be good for a while.

I got the two new levels online.

I have one hell of a nice house WAY up in the mountains.

I'm working up the ranks of the Thieves Guild now.

So far I've been to jail twice!

So in spite of the fact that I saved the world...I think I'm soon to be hated by all.

Hmmm Maybe I should have done the Thieves Guild first???

That sucks.

Oh yeah I've had a house in the mountains for a few days now...fully decorated. Very nice. Although honestly I have like 4 or 5 houses now. I dont much see the point in most of them.

You know those quests were some NPC accompanies you?

Has anyone tried to get more than one going at once, and then have them follow you around and help you?

Oh, ran into some type of bug today. There is a special item that a certain character has. When I removed it from his body it was still there and I did not realize it. So somehow I ended up with two of them. Well it is a quest item so I cant drop it or sell it. Plus the game would not let me complete the quest. It's like it got confused by me having two of the item.

Has anyone completed multiple guilds with a single character?

I'm just about done with the Thieves Guild... So far it's been the easiest guild yet.

The fact that I'm a journeyman sneak and can turn invisible for 2 minutes at a time is only partially the reason. The other reason were some of the quests. Like steal a staff from the leader of the Mage's Guild.

I am the leader of the Mages Guild.

Needless to say it wasn't difficult getting into my own room and taking my staff.

Actually I plan on attempting to complete multiple Guilds and was already aware of the thieves guild quest to steal a staff. So I'm saving that for later. Nice to know I can get away with stealing from myself. :lol:

On a side note the ESRB have gone off the deep end.

Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion is now rated M. Thank you take 5 and Jack Thompson. A big FU to you and the ESRB idiots.

Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion is now rated M. Thank you take 5 and Jack Thompson. A big FU to you and the ESRB idiots.

I met a ghoulish looking green skined red eyed lady in one of the towns. She said she had just moved to the current town from Morrowind and said she thought it was very nice. She then asked me what the fine was for Necrophelia in the town. One of my choices was "Is this the first offense??" She responded." Lets assume....no" I told her the fine would be at least $500 gold. She was very happy. Apparently people in Morrowind frown upon Necrophelia and the punishments were ridiculous... she thought that $500 gold was very reasonable.

• Like 1

Has anyone completed multiple guilds with a single character?

Yeah, completed the Fighter, Mage, and Theives guilds :)

How ridiculous. Teen was the appropriate rating :? Most parents are so clueless and couldn't be f*ing bothered to even see if anything is suitable for their kids, so I doubt it'll have much impact on sales. Unless of course they get the "Walmart" type of blacklisting.

It must have been the "powdered rat penis" that did it! :lol:

What irritates me about this is that bethesda provided detailed documentation as to what was in the game. The truth is, the ESRB was either lazy and didn't read it or had a gut reaction when a FAN PROVIDED nude patch was released for the PC version.

The ESRB really needs to get their act together. I'm no dummy. I honestly believed bethesda gave them detailed documentation. If you think about how carefully designed this game was in order to provide a freeform adventure where the player can wander around as they wish and play the main quest whenever they want to. There is no way something this complicated could be created without detailed documentation.

The ESRB are a bunch of pansies.

Just another example of pounding a nail with a sledge hammer.

Edited by Shannon

Any game where a specific goal is to murder other humans (Like the Dark Brotherhood) is going to get a mature rating and probably rightfully so. Not to mention the adult conversations peppered throughout the game. Some involving topics (like I mentioned) sex with the dead, but also things like racism etc....Maybe the question you are asking is how did it not get rated mature from the get go?? That is a good question. In the end it doesnt matter, the kids that are fucked up in the head as to be influenced by fantasy are probably like that because their parents are fucked up and would buy the game for them anyways regardless what the rating is.

Kids that are screwed up enough that a video game can incite them to perform illegal activities clearly doesn't need a video game to make him to such things; he's messed up. Period. He'll do them regardless. The video game just happened to be the thing that inspired him. A movie, song, or comic book would have done the same.

Kids that are screwed up enough that a video game can incite them to perform illegal activities clearly doesn't need a video game to make him to such things; he's messed up. Period. He'll do them regardless. The video game just happened to be the thing that inspired him. A movie, song, or comic book would have done the same.

Yep, and as a kid he is still growing as a person, that's one of the reasons they rate videogames, magazines and movies so the parents that do actually give a shit can be aware. Unfortunately many many do not.

Yep, and as a kid he is still growing as a person, that's one of the reasons they rate videogames, magazines and movies so the parents that do actually give a shit can be aware. Unfortunately many many do not.

Most do not. I worked in the software department of a retail chain when GTA3 game out, and the number of parents who bought it for their kid was apalling. I tried to warn a few of them but gave up when I realized if any of those kids go and do fucked up things and blame it on the game, I know where the influence really came from.

I know where the influence really came from.

Exactly.

The rating does help out the parents that do watch out for their own and are just concerned with not wanting topics like corpse sex exposed to their 10 year old .

Even if it's only a handful.

Regardless if the kid is going to go out and try and screw roadkill afterwards, some folks (I would be one of them and I don't have kids) just don't want that stuff around their children. I would find it hard to believe a lot of parents wouldn't agree.

That said....and back on topic

I finished the Thieves Guild today and started on the....*shutter* Dark Brotherhood.

It was doubly ominous because I chose to sleep in my Anvil Mansion bed for the first time to meet the messenger and was immediately haunted promptly after he left. Took me a few seconds to realize there were 2 different quests happening at once. I thought the ghosts were his minions or something.

Can't says I ever had trouble finding the lockpicks.

They are often just lying aroud in crates for free or sold by vendors under the tools icon.

Also you may have missed this post I made a good while back:

I just did the Nocturnal Shrine quest tonight before I left for work (Picked up from the Mage's Guild in Leyawiin) you have to go get the Nocturnal Eye from a cave full of trolls and when you return the eye to the statue at the shrine (Its NorthEast of Leyawiin), The statue is very grateful and gives you an unbreakable lockpick called the Skeleton Key.

UNBREAKABLE!

Is there any character in the game that sells lockpicks?

They seem a little hard to come by.

There's a guy outside the main doors to the imperial city (market district). Exit through the doors and head right along the wall. There's a guy lurking there against the wall that sells them. He seems to carry about 30 at a time.

ok. I got the unbreakable lock-pick. Piece of cake.. :D

Kinda just realized this game is best enjoyed if played as certain character types. For example my sons character is more of a fighter. Mine is kinda a cross between a thief and mage. I can usually sneak by just anything and I noticed if shooting arrow while in sneak mode the baddies have trouble finding me. But when it comes to melee combat, my character don't do so well.

Time to get my markmanship skills up!

I don't really have my xbox hooked up to live at the moment, but eventually I may and check out the downloadable content.

Anybody mess with Lorgren Benirus at the Benirus mansion? Best I can tell I need a character (and/or weapons) that can dish out at least 50+ damage points per hit. He wipes my current character out in about three swipes.

Oh and we (my son and I) have a nickname for the trolls. I call them turd monkeys. Because they look like a huge pile of doo and walk like monkeys.