IGNORED

Tail of Beta cart.

javiero

I saw that earlier this week. I was not sure. I am guessing it is either a reproduction onto cart or Atari made it for sale only outside the US. I dont know the reason why they would do that.

I am putting money that its a repro. Here are the reasons why. There are no copyright date listed for Atari, no RX#### model number and no country where the label is printed. That is looking at the XE carts that I have in my collection.

Edited by Almost Rice

It is just ndary doing a cartridge that he doesn't let you know is a conversion/repro/homebrew or whatever you want to call it. He's been asked to be more clear but his auctions have never really changed. Be especially careful for when there are 2-3 originals and one of his custom carts in the middle.

See previous thread for more info.

Tail of Beta Lyra was the first Atari 8-bit game I purchased after buying my Atari 800XL and 1050 drive many years ago. It was just random, I was looking for a game to buy and spotted it in (I think) Kay Bee Toys, hanging from a peg in fairly cheap packaging. I was really impressed with the game, the graphics, the music, and so forth.

Would be great to have this game in cart form, and I'm quite sure the auction is for a reproduction cart.

..Al

Like Albert, this was one of my first Atari games, and I rather enjoyed it, BUT...

From time to time, the screen would flash and then go white, and your ship would become almost impossible to see. Was there some way to avoid this that I never discovered? The game became completely unfun when this would happen.

Like Albert, this was one of my first Atari games, and I rather enjoyed it, BUT...

From time to time, the screen would flash and then go white, and your ship would become almost impossible to see.  Was there some way to avoid this that I never discovered?  The game became completely unfun when this would happen.

1027752[/snapback]

Yep, repros for sure. Nadry makes them from time to time...