IGNORED

Need Help In Making Atari Tiny Toon.

Atariboy2600

By now all of you knows that I'm a HUGE ATARI fan from having ATARI systems, games and books to biding, buying and collecting ATARI things and at on time I had a dream of if ATARI had ever made a Tiny Toon game for the Atari VCS (that's 2600 for all you on-ATARI players) and Im hoping that some one here can make my dreamn come true if anyone knows how to program a new game?

post-5587-1142386052_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1142386104_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1142386184_thumb.jpg

post-5587-1142386235_thumb.jpg

BTW if you like here's the Mock-Up game I made using Game-Maker I made this game by using sould from other games.

GAME PLAY:

The objetive of the game is for Babs Bunny to join up with Buster Bunny or Plucky Duck from one side of the screen to an other by eder running or jumping. But there are some bad guys are out to do you in so look out for them.

CONTROL KEYS:

Press the LEFT or RIGHT arrows keys on your keybord to move Babs and press the UP arrow key to make Babs JUMP in the air. You can also do Left-Jump or Right-Jump by holding both UP-LEFT or UP-RIGHT keys.

BAD TOONS:

Like all games there some bad guys here too some you can jump on top to flat them but others are too dangerous to jump on too. Here are the list of characters on this game.

MORE KEYS.

Press <Esc> end the game.

Press <F4> swicth between screen modes.

Press <F5> and <F6> save and load game.

atari_tinytoon.zip

Nice looking mockups and a fun concept. :)

A few questions:

Are there other levels? Do you have mockups for them as well?

Can you describe the non-player-controlled sprite behavior?

Are those carrots?

A few comments:

You have a lot of sprites on a line. Plus an asymmetrical playfield.

What are your thoughts on flicker?

Assuming that the bad guys have to stay on their platforms, you are probably ok with the asymmetrical playfield.

A few suggestions:

Redesign the carrots (or whatever) so that they can be drawn with a (shifted/resized) ball.

Figure out a way to have a maximum of two sprites on a line. Including Babs.

Make all sprites have a single color per row.

Very nice looking Babs! :thumbsup:

Edited by vdub_bobby

Nice looking mockups and a fun concept. :)

A few questions:

Are there other levels? Do you have mockups for them as well?

Can you describe the non-player-controlled sprite behavior?

Are those carrots?

A few comments:

You have a lot of sprites on a line. Plus an asymmetrical playfield.

What are your thoughts on flicker?

Assuming that the bad guys have to stay on their platforms, you are probably ok with the asymmetrical playfield.

A few suggestions:

Redesign the carrots (or whatever) so that they can be drawn with a (shifted/resized) ball.

Figure out a way to have a maximum of two sprites on a line. Including Babs.

Make all sprites have a single color per row.

Very nice looking Babs! :thumbsup:

In the Tiny Toon game I made for Win by Game Maker there's like 4 levels you can se its in Beta fourm and I never really done more on it cuase its not truly a 2600 feel but again it what it might be come. as for what lese Ill see if I can screen shots some more.

Looking good, but on a few characters you have more than one color per scanline. You won't be able to do that on the 2600.

Also, you need to stick to 8 pixels width or it will be difficult to program. The mockup looks good though.

Chris

Looking good, but on a few characters you have more than one color per scanline. You won't be able to do that on the 2600.

Also, you need to stick to 8 pixels width or it will be difficult to program. The mockup looks good though.

Chris

Also is there a grafix program to show how to make a 8 pixels width?

You might look at this: http://alienbill.com/2600/playerpalnext.html

Or this: http://www.wou.edu/~tmontg1/atari/SpriteCr...SCLauncher.html

Since they are designed for creating VCS sprites, if you can create it there it probably can be reproduced on real hardware.

Edited by vdub_bobby

You might look at this: http://alienbill.com/2600/playerpalnext.html

Or this: http://www.wou.edu/~tmontg1/atari/SpriteCr...SCLauncher.html

Since they are designed for creating VCS sprites, if you can create it there it probably can be reproduced on real hardware.

Okay thansk Im going to do them today, both Babs and the bad-guys and see how thye will come out^^

Go down below to "Generate Code" or whatever, open that panel, hit the "Generate Data" button, and copy and save the contents of the text box.

But really, don't worry too much about saving the code; I'd just use that tool to design sprites that fit the limitations of the 2600. Then make animated gifs or whatever to use in mockups.

Go down below to "Generate Code" or whatever, open that panel, hit the "Generate Data" button, and copy and save the contents of the text box.

But really, don't worry too much about saving the code; I'd just use that tool to design sprites that fit the limitations of the 2600. Then make animated gifs or whatever to use in mockups.

Okay here's the Code:

And Ill do one of her just standing cuase I never know how to make her stop moving for the Game Maker program^_^l

Babs_coding.txt

post-5587-1142455424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atariboy2600

Yes, or don't save them at all. If you get a coder to work on this, then I'm sure he will appreciate you creating the data for the sprites. But probably no one else is really interested in the data; I'm personally more interested in some more mockups that conform a little more closely to the limitations of the 2600 (i.e., sprites <= 8 pixels wide with no more than 1 color per row, etc.)

Yes, or don't save them at all. If you get a coder to work on this, then I'm sure he will appreciate you creating the data for the sprites. But probably no one else is really interested in the data; I'm personally more interested in some more mockups that conform a little more closely to the limitations of the 2600 (i.e., sprites <= 8 pixels wide with no more than 1 color per row, etc.)

Thanks for the info but Im still going to make what I have here just incase and here's one for Elmyra as I updated her face looks but seem that I cant get her Orenge hair color right.

post-5587-1142455089_thumb.jpg

Elmyra_coding.txt