IGNORED

XONOX and K-TEL...Connection?

Crazy Climber

Hey 2600 players, today I was looking at the back of my instruction manual for Ghost Manor by Xonox and I noticed an address- 11311 Fifth Street So. Hopkins, MN 55343. I knew I heard this before, its the address to the old K-Tel building. The way I know this is Ive done security recently at this building and it is well known that it is the old K-Tel building.(There is even a street in front of it called K-Tel drive) Why would a Xonox manual have the K-tel building address on it? Is there a connection between these companies? Oh and before I forget, yes I checked every room and no I did not find any unopened cases of Spider Maze left behind.

K-Tel were responsible for importing a lot of Atari games into Europe. I know Xonox were one such company, I think Bomb are as well, as were Carrere video I think.

Wouldn't surprise me if they had their fingers in a few pies over on your side of the atlantic too!

For the Commodore 64, I had Artillery Duel, Robin Hood, Tomarc, and Motocross Racer all mint/boxed by K-Tel even though some of the labels were printed with the Xonox name.

I traded Artillery Duel and Robin Hood off to a fellow C= collector, but I do have the other two (and some other K-Tel titles). If anyone wants to see some pics, I can dig them out.

Jerry

Nova, why not pass these along for the "Did you know" list? Albert has asked for new factoids before, and I don't recall seeing these in the mix. Personally, I'm surprised that there weren't any K-Tel disco-themed games...
Close:

http://www.tomheroes.com/images/COLECO%20i...0roll%20box.jpg

(worst ColecoVision game ever)

NovaExpress,

There's something about the K-Tel Vision T-handles, that is still bugging me:

AFAIK K-Tel Vision released the Vulture Attack (and maybe also the Spider Maze) T-handles in both NTSC and PAL format.

Is this really true?

If not, then here's my theory:

Funvision put PAL versions in them and placed a small sticker over the K-Tel Vision logo.

If that sticker falls off, you'll end up with a PAL K-Tel Vision cart:

post-6203-1144998675_thumb.jpg

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Since MN is close to Canada could this be why Ive heard a lot of rare Xonox titles turn up in Canada?(11311 5th hopkins, Minnesota)

Well the majority of the Xonox Vic20 games I've found have been Canadian or from Canada, so quite likely!

Nova, why not pass these along for the "Did you know" list? Albert has asked for new factoids before, and I don't recall seeing these in the mix. Personally, I'm surprised that there weren't any K-Tel disco-themed games...
Close:

http://www.tomheroes.com/images/COLECO%20i...0roll%20box.jpg

(worst ColecoVision game ever)

Hey, that looks like Yanni! (another Minnesota connection to boot!)

-Eric

For the Commodore 64, I had Artillery Duel, Robin Hood, Tomarc, and Motocross Racer all mint/boxed by K-Tel even though some of the labels were printed with the Xonox name.

I traded Artillery Duel and Robin Hood off to a fellow C= collector, but I do have the other two (and some other K-Tel titles). If anyone wants to see some pics, I can dig them out.

Jerry

I would be intrested in seeing those, Ive still got my C64......Somewhere?

Jerry

I would be intrested in seeing those, Ive still got my C64......Somewhere?

Here are some pics. Even though the boxes are flat, they are in mint condition - when folded back out, they pop right into place and are nice and square. I left them flat like this as that's how I got them. I've traded off Artillery Duel and Robin Hood.

Jerry