IGNORED

ATR2MyIDE v0.1

nachocientos

I did an small program that work in Windows for insert ATR files into an dump of an initialized Compact Flash with MyIDE Fdisk, and the Image-Loading activated.(also should to work with Hard Disk)

I use some software for dump the Compact flash with USB card-reader. And with my program I insert into this dump all ATR files that I want. The files names are inserted too(for MyIDE OS 4.2). Then I return the dump to the Compact Flash.

This work perfectly for my. I hope that will be useful for you.

note: all previous images(not inserted with my program) into "image-loading" are erased. The partitions are not modified.

I have tested only with MyIDE OS 4.2

Later I plan to add direct access to Compact Flash.

ATR2MYIDE.zip

Edited by nachocientos

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I uploaded a new version of ATR2MyIDE, now you can directly access a harddrive or Compact Flash connected to your PC(IDE or USB) for write ATR files to MyIDE image-disk space.

:!: Be careful, you could write data to the wrong drive :!:

Is important that you confirm the number of sectors, heads and cylinders, specially if you use CF card in an USB card reader/writer.

cheers,

Nachocientos.

[May 29,2006]New version. Now you can copy several ATR files simultaneously.

Download new ver. here : ATR2MyIDE.EXE

post-9128-1148948721_thumb.jpg

Edited by nachocientos

• 3 months later...

I get 7 blocks of progress and then...

Run-time error '6': Overlow

Whenever I try to copy a ATR file from my PC hard drive to a CF or a 1gb IDE hard drive. The drive has been low level formatted with the MyIDE fdisk utility.

Afer this it crashes out, and then when I try to reopen the app by clicking atr2myide.exe again, I get error #0024 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. Press Ok To Exit".

Hi Nachocientos-

Can your ATR2MyIDE utility be used to copy an entire partition from one flash card to another?

For instance, if I have two compact flash cards with partitions of the same size. (All my

partitions are *always* 60,000 256-byte sectors.) It takes about an two hours to copy a complete

partition from one card to another using APE as the intermediary. Using a PC could do it in a few minutes!

Thanks. -Larry

Nachocientos

I'm really happy with this application and how it works, but I'm getting some strange results, I've posted here...

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/vi...php?p=2019#2019

Mostly, using the command line myidetool.exe application, I can only copy one of my ATR images. Anything after the first ATR fails.

Using your application, I can copy multiple ATR images, and myidetool.exe will even see them in the right slots in the image drive, but when I try to access them from the actual Atari, only slot 1 appears on the cart image menu, and, when I load that image, the image that is on the drive is what actually loads.

According to the readme of myidetool, it does a sanity check on the ATR image and won't let it get written if it is corrupt (in most cases, I get bumped out with the error Invalid ATR image or Truncated ATR image). Your application doesn't seem to do the sanity check. Is this correct?

Es mas facil yo escribo en espanol con tu o te prefieras escribir en inglis?

Paranoid:

Hi,

yes atr2myide is only a beta developmental.

Please give me more information about of problem that you have using the atr2myide, and the specifications about CF and Hard disk that you used.

You are right!, Atr2MyIDE only check the size atr file, up to 130k.

Only if the program crashes out, it remains in memory, then you should to press Control-Alt-Delete keys and terminate process execution with the name atr2my.vvv...sorry.

Para mi es mas facil en español, pero en ingles todos los demas pueden entenderlo.

Larry:

Hi,

sorry ATR2MyIDE can't copy partitions from one CF to another, but could be an interesting features to future.... try Norton ghost.

cheers to both

Larry:

Hi,

sorry ATR2MyIDE can't copy partitions from one CF to another, but could be an interesting features to future.... try Norton ghost.

cheers to both

Hi Nachocientos-

I'll probably have to wait and hope that you can add this feature at a later date. All of the PC backup utilities must find the FAT16 or 32 to operate, at least in a USB adapter. I'm going to try this directly in a PCMCIA Adapter, but I'm not hopeful. I've looked hard for a true "sector copier" but so far have found none. -Larry

Nachocientos...

Ok... we'll stick to English...

The trouble I am having right now is with an IBM 2.5" IDE drive, Model DYKA-23240 3240mb.

I can copy ATR files to the drive using ATR2MyIDE with no problem, even the K-files... and the myidetool file will show the files in the right slots... but when I hook it back up to my actual Atari with the MyIDE cart, the ATR images aren't in the right slots. They're offset by one. So, if I load berzerk in slot 0001, and Donkey Kong Jr. in Slot 0002, when I click on Donkey Kong Jr., Berzerk will actually load and play. And, if there IS nothing for slot 0003, then I can't load whatever is in slot 0002.

Does that make sense?

I'm exhausted, today, so I feel like I'm rambling and not making much sense.

Ok.. I read it again, and this is exactly what happens.

I want to be more clear, though.

I do not have an Atari Disk Drive, I do not have a SIO2PC cable or APE. I've got an Atarimax MyIDE cart that I hook up to a 2.5" hard drive. To get the ATR images from a PC to the drive, I'm hooking the 2.5" drive up to a external USB-to-IDE case. Then I'm using your application or myidetool by Matthias Reichl to copy over my ATR images. I've found that Matthias's tool will only work with full 91kb ATR images, and rejects the smaller truncated k-file images that are widely distributed. Unfortunately, while most of my 91kb sized files seem to work fine on emulation, they almost all seem to hang on the real hardware. Your ATR2myIDE tool will copy these smaller truncated k-file images, but for some reason offsets ever title 1 slot from where the title appears in the menu system.

I tested it out, and this version works great, copied a bunch of files, they're in the right slot, and everything looks good. I don't have an opportunity to test extensively tonight, but I'll check it out tomorrow and report back. It looked very promising, the few titles I did load.

If I had a wish list, that would include the ability to LIST the slots and the titles in each slot, and the ability to delete an ATR image from a image partition slot from within the ATR2MyIDE application. But this version took care of my most troubling issues, and makes the MyIDE cart for the 8 bit the Multicart steal of the century. :D

I tested it out, and this version works great, copied a bunch of files, they're in the right slot, and everything looks good. I don't have an opportunity to test extensively tonight, but I'll check it out tomorrow and report back. It looked very promising, the few titles I did load.

If I had a wish list, that would include the ability to LIST the slots and the titles in each slot, and the ability to delete an ATR image from a image partition slot from within the ATR2MyIDE application. But this version took care of my most troubling issues, and makes the MyIDE cart for the 8 bit the Multicart steal of the century. :D

¡¡¡Excelent!!! :)

Is a good "wish list".

Excuse my English, I am French. I already initialized with Myide a CF but I await my second CF to test this program. It is with you site ATARICHILE?

Sorry, I do not know that site... My page is http://elatari.atariware.cl/, and is hosted by www.atariware.cl site(rulez ;) ) and we are programming the New Rally X Atari 8 bit version.

Edited by nachocientos

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose so... but I'm getting some weird results (you can read my post at the Atarimax forum...)

It just seems like I'm not getting as much image space as I would have expected. It is filling up like I have less than a 4th of my total capacity, and my only guess is that it must be that the drive geometry must be wrong.

• 2 years later...

Here is the working link!

This is for ATR2MyIDE

http://elatari.com/ATR2MyIDE/atr2myide.exe

Excuse my English, I am French. I already initialized with Myide a CF but I await my second CF to test this program. It is with you site ATARICHILE?

Sorry, I do not know that site... My page is http://elatari.atariware.cl/, and is hosted by www.atariware.cl site(rulez ;) ) and we are programming the New Rally X Atari 8 bit version.

Edited by _The Doctor__