IGNORED

Short Circuit Port

doug0909

Hey, I just thought of a great game which I think could be ported to the 2600, and which only exists on one system to date. The game is called Short Circuit, I played it on my old Apple II computer, and it ROCKS. It is very, very weird, and one of the most frantic games I have ever played on any system. Basically, you play an electron (??!) running around transferring power between microchips and trying to destroy a fuse by overloading a bunch of batteries. There's no way I could explain it better than the game of the week site on classicgaming.com, so here it is: http://www.classicgaming.com/rotw/shortc.shtml. Why do I think it would be good for the 2600? Well, the 2600 (unlike my favorite system the Odyssey 2) has high enough res graphics and can display enough sprites for the large playfield. There aren't that many moving sprites at once, though, and you only need four directional movement and one button. And seeing as this comes from the Apple II, the graphics were already flickery and ugly and the sound scratchy :) It was the gameplay that rocked, and you should be able to reproduce it on a 2600. The only thing I don't think you could reproduce is the "shrinking man" intermission screen where you see your dude getting shrunk to electron size.... But that's not really critical to the gameplay......

Edited by doug0909