IGNORED

A couple of Rare ones..But worth a $1000 to start?

400 to 600 hundred tops in a lot like that. Individual sale would have been better for the seller. I doubt this will get the opening bid.

Yeah... the wife and I were debating this one too.

Starting bid at a gran????? Something wrong with the seller... Not for nothing but I don't see an opening bid either.

Unless a wealthy new collector hit's this one to guarantee getting all at once, and I doubt he or she will have any competition.

Nice lot though.

Quite a bit for that lot. Especially when I've got a lot of those (not all...) by just looking at Ataris for sale with 30 games. By the system for $40 or so... take the game out... take a picture and then resale the system for same BIN... or just a tad higher. Usually, it works and I'm happy. I got a free rare game.

Just happened with a Maraudar (Spelling) and a Chuck Chasewagon in the same lot.

Still waiting for it though.

BTW... what the heck could this game be: "Robinett"

The seller listed that game as being in the auction. I don't believe it is a Robin Hood....

I still can't figure it out.

The seller listed that game as being in the auction. I don't believe it is a Robin Hood....

If it was an adventure proto all of a sudden the price would make alot more sense.. But mid you still to high..lol.. ;)

If it was an adventure proto all of a sudden the price would make alot more sense.. But mid you still to high..lol.. ;)

Well... I have no idea what it is. I took my chances and I guess I'll see in a few weeks or so. LOL

I at least got a few rare ones in that lot. I'll throw the rest of that lot on ebay after a bit. :) I'll keep the Maraudar, Chuck Chasewagon, and the so called Robinett.

LOL

As for it being the programmer's name... I don't think the seller knows anything about it. Or much about Atari games for that matter. Just my opinion, but if I can get a lot as cheap as I did, with just the above games in it... they might not have known what it is worth.

What amazes me is that there's an ad where you can apply for "low monthly payments..."

If you have to make payments on a 20 year old video game, there is something wrong. I'd save my money so that I had several hundred to spend on games before I considered buying something really rare.

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I have no idea what it is. I took my chances and I guess I'll see in a few weeks or so. LOL

I at least got a few rare ones in that lot. I'll throw the rest of that lot on ebay after a bit. :) I'll keep the Maraudar, Chuck Chasewagon, and the so called Robinett.

LOL

As for it being the programmer's name... I don't think the seller knows anything about it. Or much about Atari games for that matter. Just my opinion, but if I can get a lot as cheap as I did, with just the above games in it... they might not have known what it is worth.

Got 'Robinette' in the mail today. Haven't tried it yet... but it is a blank Parker Brothers case labeled Robinette in handwriting.

interesting

LOL

Got 'Robinette' in the mail today. Haven't tried it yet... but it is a blank Parker Brothers case labeled Robinette in handwriting.

interesting

Play it, and see what game it is.

That RH/SL looks PAL to me. Were there two labels to that one? Mine looks like this and it's NTSC.

post-7074-1147659011_thumb.jpg

It is 100% PAL.

I thought that there was no "sure way" to tell just by the label and cart color on Xonox carts. I had bid on a R8 or R9 double ender a few years ago, won it fairly cheap, but then whan I posted about it I couldn't get any straight answer on it. It looked the same as the one on the AA database, but there were still people contacting me saying it was PAL, I was a newbie to collecting then so I had my bid retracted.

Edited by Wester

That RH/SL looks PAL to me. Were there two labels to that one? Mine looks like this and it's NTSC.

post-7074-1147659011_thumb.jpg

It is 100% PAL.

I thought that there was no "sure way" to tell just by the label and cart color on Xonox carts. I had bid on a R8 or R9 double ender a few years ago, won it fairly cheap, but then whan I posted about it I couldn't get any straight answer on it. It looked the same as the one on the AA database, but there were still people contacting me saying it was PAL, I was a newbie to collecting then so I had my bid retracted.

I've bid on PAL carts in the past thinking they were NTSC, lol. With the RH/SL the one in the auction has a completely different label:

post-7074-1149728101_thumb.jpg

You also have to watch out for PAL bomb carts as the labels are exactly the same as the NTSC versions.

LOL

interesting

Play it, and see what game it is.

Turns out.... it was just Sky Skipper without the label. Robinette was the last name of the owner... I guess. Maybe I can advertise it on EBAY as THE Robinette's personal cartridge... LOL

But I got a few rare ones I didn't have in that deal. Works good for me. Time to sell the really rare ones now.

Mr Do Castle sucks btw. Unless I just can't figure out the object of the game.

Funny that the auction link here goes to the original auction, which states that if he doesn't get his price, he will not relist it, then there is a link to the re-listed auction, which has a BIN of $550! :roll:

Yep...

But umm.... it seems like you can make more selling those individually.