IGNORED

AirRaid the Da Vinci Code =O

sylabyss

It means that all "Air Raids" are EPROMS. Well, at least this one is... It probably just means it was a low run since it was much more expensive to make a masked ROM in the long run. I just hope there is a maker on the chip so we can see trace it back and see who really made this stupid game.

In the long run, this isn't a US release even if it turns out to be NTSC. There is no way this game was ever advertised, promoted, or offered for sale in the US. If anyone can prove me wrong, we should add it to the US released games list, otherwise it should be a taiwanese poo-stick.

Edited by MattG/Snyper2099

It doesn't mean it is junk or non-usa. It just means, as mattG pointed out, that is was a low production run and didnt' warrant making mask roms (which is very expensive)

I am willing to bet that that board has some type of identifying marks on it, and maybe the chip has a sticker on it like most protos do. Who knows...

I like how they put a red dot on there to mark the "pin 1" location. So the stupid people soldering them in didn't put them in the wrong way.

Edit- And just for the record I believe all the NTSC, usa released Bomb carts are eproms. CPUWIZ can verify this I am sure. That just shows that there are legitimate ntsc eprom carts out there that are extremely rare.

Edited by bjk7382

It means that all "Air Raids" are EPROMS. Well, at least this one is... It probably just means it was a low run since it was much more expensive to make a masked ROM in the long run. I just hope there is a maker on the chip so we can see trace it back and see who really made this stupid game.

In the long run, this isn't a US release even if it turns out to be NTSC. There is no way this game was ever advertised, promoted, or offered for sale in the US. If anyone can prove me wrong, we should add it to the US released games list, otherwise it should be a taiwanese poo-stick.

So your saying a startup USA Group of guys in the early 80's would never have have done this ? Say Starting out with a low run to see if it sold ? :ponder:

So your saying a startup USA Group of guys in the early 80's would never have have done this ? Say Starting out with a low run to see if it sold ? :ponder:

Both Magicard and Video Life are in fact EPROMS as well. AFAIK, the fact that it's an EPROM only means that it was probably produced in low numbers and doesn't mean it wasn't a US release.

Both Magicard and Video Life are in fact EPROMS as well. AFAIK, the fact that it's an EPROM only means that it was probably produced in low numbers and doesn't mean it wasn't a US release.

Dont forget CTCW ....