IGNORED

Hover Bover for the 2600 ?

Lord-Chaos

This is one of my favourite games on the ATARI 800.

Did anyone ever attempt to port it to the 2600 ?

It should be doable with playfield graphics for the

main screen, P/Ms for your guy, the dog, the

neighbour and the gardener - with some

flickering.

Maybe something for the "Boulder Dash" engine

which was in development some time ago.

LC

Or a 2600 Revenge of the Mutant Camels! Oh... wait.

I've enjoyed a lot of Minter games over the years, but any objective observer has to admit that he's built his entire career around riding the coat-tails of other, better game designers. When he does try his hand at an original game, we get tripe like Hovver Bovver-- a game about mowing your lawn.

Or a 2600 Revenge of the Mutant Camels! Oh... wait.

It's Attack of the Mutant Camels that is the clone of Empire Strikes Back, not Revenge.

I've enjoyed a lot of Minter games over the years, but any objective observer has to admit that he's built his entire career around riding the coat-tails of other, better game designers. When he does try his hand at an original game, we get tripe like Hovver Bovver-- a game about mowing your lawn.

Any game sounds boing when you describe it THAT way.

Edited by BrianC

It's Attack of the Mutant Camels that is the clone of Empire Strikes Back, not Revenge.

Yes and no. One or both titles were variously used for the ESB clone, the sequel to the ESB clone, and the Gridunner sequel.

Any game sounds boring when you describe it THAT way.

I agree. Any game described as a lawn-mowing simulator would indeed sound boring.

Yes and no. One or both titles were variously used for the ESB clone, the sequel to the ESB clone, and the Gridunner sequel.

US name changes aside, the original name chosen for the game is Attack of the Mutant Camels and the sequel is named Revenge.

Any game sounds boring when you describe it THAT way.

I agree. Any game described as a lawn-mowing simulator would indeed sound boring.

Hover Bover is really more of a pac-man type game with elements from other games thrown it. I don't find it boring at all. It's quite challenging and the way someone gets pissed off and come at you when you run over flowers is brillant. The way you described Hover Bover is like describing Adventure as a game where you move a square, Trauma Center as a game about surgery, Missile Command as a game about shooting lines with a dot, etc.

Edited by BrianC