IGNORED

ATTENTION Former Globetrotter hosts! Please Read! + everybody else

Gateway

Hi Everybody!

A few people have inquired about when/if a cart version of Globetrotter would be available for collectors, etc. Since the official Globetrotter is a unique cart being passed around the community, I wanted to do something to acknowledge the milestone thus far of reaching 50 hosts! This collectible would have to look and feel different from the Trotter that is out there doing all the legwork.

With help from Packrat Video Games, I will soon be making available a limited run of carts with a silver foil label on clear case. Each ROM will be unique with a different letter of the alphabet. I plan to produce 26 carts, each signed and labeled with a different letter.

If there is interest beyond the 26 carts produced, I may make a few more, using the greek alphabet.

The package will come with working cart, a "silver" suitcase, a mock passport, and a world map showing markers for each city/landmark visited by the first 50 hosts! On the back of the map will be the following list of info. Each name will also have an alphanumeric coordinates to find that city on the map.

I also may throw in a Trotter magnet or sticker/extra item!( more details soon ). Packrat Video Games will produce the carts and send them to me and I will assemble everything and ship orders out personally. I'll be setting up a PayPal and other pay options soon. The carts will go into production later this month after Packrat returns from Midwest Gaming Classic.

Here's where I need help! Please check the spelling of your name and city information and let me know if you find errors or omissions of info you want included on the back of the map. If for some reason you don't want your name used, let me know and we'll arrange something else. I'll try to post this on several websites to give people a chance to contact me. If I don't hear from you, I'll assume everything is correct and printing of the maps will go forward. Once they are printed, that's the final version! PM me or e-mail to Trotter's account: trotterjotter at gmail dot com to make changes.

Below this post you will see pics of the preliminary design for the Limited Silver Edition Globetrotter carts. I will post again to this thread when production is underway. At that time I will take preorders. First come, first serve for picking what letter you want on your cart. I will be going by the date and time stamps of PM's and emails to determine who gets first pick of the letter they want. Please have two letters in mind in the event you don't get your first choice. I will do my best to keep this fair, depending on how much/little interest there is. :)

I have not yet set a price for this package yet, but I will be including a discount on the price for anybody who has already hosted, or is signed up to host Trotter. :)

Comments or questions are welcome in this thread or in a PM to me. I am NOT taking pre-orders at this time! Thanks. More soon!

Weston :cool:

June 03, 2006

The First Fifty:

01: Gateway(Musevox)___________ Orem, UT

02: PackratVG__________________ Provo, UT

03: Ryan Hilton________________ Payson, UT

04: Karl Eilertsen________________ Orem, UT; visited: Las Vegas, NV

05: Dustin Hilton___________ Los Angeles, CA; visited: Hollywood, CA; Beverly Hills, CA

06: Sherrie Hilton_______________ Orem, UT; visited: Las Vegas, NV

07: Patrick Lichty_________+Baton Rouge, LA; visited: New Orleans, LA

08: Dr. Leigh Clemons_____+Baton Rouge, LA

09: StanJr___________________ Louisville, KY

10: pitfallaime________________ Louisville, KY

11: cwilkson__________________+Boston, MA; visited: Higginsville, MO; Fairfax, OK; Osage County, OK; Ponca City, OK; Lexington, MO

12: bcprs1________________ Bridgewater, MA

13: Mark Wolfe____________ West Chester, PA; PhillyClassic 5 (2004): King of Prussia, PA

14: Osmeroid_______________ Portsmouth, ENG, UK; visited: Alexandria, VA;+Washington, DC

15: (Elder) Jeff Hilton_________ Bridlington, ENG, UK; visited: Leeds, ENG, UK

16: hepcat________________ Chevy Chase, MD; visited:+Washington, DC; Chicago, IL;+Beijing, BEI, CN; Simatai(@The Great Wall), BEI, CN;+Nanning, GXI, CN; Yangshuo, GXI, CN;

Guilin, GXI, CN; Wuming, GXI, CN; Daming Mountain, GXI, CN; Yangmei, GXI, CN

17: BoOchan!________________ Greenwood, WA, AU; visited:+Perth, WA, AU; visited: Hillarys, WA, AU

18: krisjohn_________________ South Perth, WA, AU

19: Serblander__________ Dandenong North, VIC, AU; visited:+Melbourne, VIC, AU

20: HolmesA8__________________ Lower Hutt, NI, NZ

21: PapaStu___________________ Fremont, CA; visited: Santa Cruz, CA; Classic Gaming Expo 2004: San Jose, CA

22: Sean,Andy,Josh Cook_____ Oregon City, OR; visited: Portland, OR

23: starfigther1314_____________+Honolulu, HI; visited: Portland, OR

24: keilbaca______________________ Fussa, TOK, JP; visited:+Tokyo, TOK, JP

25: gulag picture radio____________ Chicago, IL; visited: Zurich, SU;+Vienna, VIE, AT; Piestany, SK

26: ccc---___________________ Kapfenberg, STY, AT

27: Eurocon 2004____________ Scheveningen, SH, NL; visited:+The Hague, SH, NL

28: san-d-2000_______________+Amsterdam, NH, NL

29: Arrrhalomynn_________________ Elburg, GEL, NL

30: Grim Lick______________ Kaiserslautern, RHI, DE

31: Zach__________________+Sacramento, CA; visited: San Francisco, CA; Vancouver, BC, CAN;+Taipei, TWN

32: atwwong__________________ Vancouver, BC, CAN

33: Shawn Jefferson______________+Victoria, BC, CAN

34: J-Roc________________________ Surrey, BC, CAN

35: Atari Charles_________________ Kelowna, BC, CAN

36: hepcat________________ Chevy Chase, MD; visited:+Washington, DC; Chicago, IL;+Hong Kong, SAR, CN;+Manila, LZ, PH; Baguio City, LZ, PH; Dipolog, MO, PH; Dapitan, MO, PH;

Dumaguete, VS, PH; Cebu, VS, PH; Boracay, VS, PH; Kalibo, VS, PH

37: -^Cro§Bow^-_______________ Owasso, OK; Oklahoma Video Game Expo 2005: Tulsa, OK

38: Albert(AtariAge)______________+Austin, TX; vgXpo Dallas(2005): Dallas, TX; visited: San Diego, CA

39: gospeede_________________ San Diego, CA; visited(c/o Albert): Poway, CA; Iron Mountain Peak, CA

40: joesmooth________________ San Diego, CA; visited: Iron Mountain Peak, CA; Poway, CA; visited(c/o Albert):+Austin, TX

41: ECGXChuck________________ Fleetwood, PA

42: Heavy-Sixer______________ Greensburg, PA

43: YarsRevengeFan______________ Monroe, IA; visited:+Des Moines, IA; Chicago, IL;+Shanghai, SHA, CN;+Bangkok, THAI;+Tokyo, TOK, JP

44: rolenta___________________ Springfield, NJ

45: cd-w_____________________+Edinburgh, SCO, UK

46: Richard K. Page____________ Warrington, ENG, UK

47: gambler172__________________ Freisen, SAA, DE

48: Rom Hunter______________+Amsterdam, NH, NL; visited:+Cairo, AQ, EG; Saqqara, AJ, EG;+Alexandria, AI, EG;+Mersa Matruh, MH, EG; El Salloum, MH, EG

49: sonnenhexer________________ Oldenburg, LS, DE

50: Manu Pärssinen_________________ Ylinen, WF, FI

---

post-2955-1149316847_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1149316865_thumb.jpg

I am definitely interested in one! IF you feel like capitalizing the three names in "Gulag Picture Radio", that would be cool but not super important. You can also feel free to use my real name if you prefer!

Good Lord... I just realized that I don't think that I ever sent you the photos from my time with Trotter. A tragic mistake. They're on miniDV tape, so I'll try to pull them off and mail them to you! Eeek!

• 2 weeks later...