IGNORED

New XE PBI EXTNDR Production Run.

Hi. I am producing this board:

EXTNDR.jpg

This is the EXTNDR board, made originally by ICD. It plugs ito your 130xe (or 800xe) ECI slot, and gives you an XL style PBI conector, as well as two vertical cartridge slots.

This is also the adaptor board that you need to use an MIO interface on an XE.

These boards will be shipped fully assembled/tested and ready to use.

Current orders:

------------------

WareRat....................................1 unit

Dan Winslow..............................2 units

Jay Snellen................................1 unit

Goochman.................................1 unit

Guitarman.................................1 unit

Pontus Oldberg.......................... 2 units

RemoWilliams.............................1 unit

Dan Olson..................................2 units

Paul Summers............................1 unit

Allan Bushman............................1 unit

JGS Enterprises...........................2 units

Ray Paladino...............................2 units

Triads.........................................2 units

total orders................................19 units

ORDERING CLOSED.

Edited by MEtalGuy66

I am def interested - however I dont understand how that picture of that board gives you a PBI and 2 vertical cart slots?

Could you provide a pic of what a fully assembled one is? I presume you want us to paypal now to count towards an order?

I am def interested - however I dont understand how that picture of that board gives you a PBI and 2 vertical cart slots?

Could you provide a pic of what a fully assembled one is? I presume you want us to paypal now to count towards an order?

The side with 2 edge conectors plugs ito the back of your XE, in the ECI bus.

The opposite side, is an XL PBI bus which will stick out the back, when the board is plugged in.

(XL PBI bus is a "male" card-edge.... XE ECI bus is "female" card edge connectors)

The two cart slots are obvious on the board layout (each is a dual row of 15 holes. A cartridge "socket" connector will be installed on each one of these.)

Youll be able to put 2 cartridges on the board, vertically (like they would plug into an 800xl).

Both of these cart slots are "left cartridges" like the normal XL or XE cart slot. They are wired in paralell. So if you use more than one cartridge at a time, they have to be carts that

are compatable with the "passthrough" cart design..

For example: You could put SPartados X in the front cart slot, and an R:time8 in the rear slot... This was a very popular cofiguration for running a BBS.

Heres a pic of the board:

EXTNDR2.jpg

That's an original ICD board. They liked to paint theirs black.

Mine will be identicle, except Im not going to paint it. You'll see the circuit traces on the board.

Ah sweet - ok I want one - Paypal today or later?

You have 2 weeks from today. At that point, (assuming I get at least 12 orders), I will have the boards manufactured (takes about 3 days) and order the parts (also takes a few days).. As soon as I get the boards & parts, Ill assemble, test, and ship them out.

Like I said. This board will be a fast turnaround.. The MIO is gonna take a while, due to the extensive assembly (over 1100 solder joints per board), but this EXTNDR is just a matter of putting on 2 connnectors, plugging it in to make sure it works, and shipping it.

Just so everyone knows, payment instructions, time-frame, and current order lists are posted and maintained in the TOPIC POST (the first post) of this thread.

Same thing on the "New MIO Production Run" Thread.

Edited by MEtalGuy66

Howdy Allan

What is the point/advantage of the second cart port on this board? Does this work like the 800?

No it doesn't work like the 800. The 800 has a left and a right cartridge port. The right cartridge port is slightly different from the left one. The XL, XE and this extender only have left cartridge ports. The advantage of having two, is that you don't have to stack cartridges like SpartaDOS, RT8, Diamond-GOS, etc. anymore. Or if you have more then two, not as high anymore.

greetings

Mathy

Allan. Read the entire thread. Someone already asked that, and I explained it. They are both "Left cart" slots. One use is Spartados X and Rtime 8.

Or Spartdos X and Basic XE.... Or Rtime8 and Basic XE... Or.. All 3, by stacking the basic XE on top of one of the others...

The main advatage though is that you can run the MIO (or other XL style PBI device), and still have a cartridge slot.. Since the XE's ECI BUS (which is roughly the equivelant of the XL PBI bus) IS the cartridge slot.

Allan. Read the entire thread. Someone already asked that, and I explained it. They are both "Left cart" slots. One use is Spartados X and Rtime 8.

Or Spartdos X and Basic XE.... Or Rtime8 and Basic XE... Or.. All 3, by stacking the basic XE on top of one of the others...

The main advatage though is that you can run the MIO (or other XL style PBI device), and still have a cartridge slot.. Since the XE's ECI BUS (which is roughly the equivelant of the XL PBI bus) IS the cartridge slot.

Opps, Yup, I got lazy.

Allan

Ok, Guys I have the required minimum orders for the PBI EXTNDR, so production will proceed as planned.

Anyone else who wants one has until July 1st to get their order in on this run. After July 1st, I will order the PCBs, and the cart slot connectors. When I recieve the boards & parts, I should have them assembled and ready to ship within a week's time.

REMEMBER: ORDERING ENDS JULY 1ST!

ORDERING IS NOW CLOSED for this board.

Thanks for all the orders, guys.

The PCBs for the XE EXTNDR are currently in production.

I should recieve them no later than July 11th.

Stay tuned for updates...

Edited by MEtalGuy66

• 2 weeks later...