IGNORED

Vectrex Mr. Boston, up at Last up for personal auction!

Vectrexer

Ok folks, while not an Atari item, I do have a private (personal) auction of an item that is as infamous for the Vectrex console as Chase the Chuckwagon is the 2600.

Up for private (personal) auction is one Vectrex Mr. Boston package.

Condition: Great condition, Boxed and complete with cart, overlay instructions, and box insert.

Pictures: Soon. But it is in the same condition as at CGExpo. All the known images of the Vectrex Mr. Boston package (Box, overlay, manual and cart) are probably from my site www.Vectrex.com, Spike's Big Page, or via my emails to others where I have allowed reposting of my images. So really folks, you already know what this Mr. Boston package looks like. And maybe even the secrets to telling if this is a real Mr. Boston cart or not. Of which I can assure you this is the real deal.

Bonus item: Original Mr. Boston Vodka bottle. In great condition but empty. (sorry, that was the way I received it)

This Vectrex Mr. Boston package is from a group of only three known carts. Of those three carts, only two known complete boxed carts exist.

Here is the known list

Jayson Hill: Loose cart (AFAIK) Jay's cart was the first known cart found (ancient info now) years before mine. Not sure if he still has it.

Shaw Scallen: Boxed, complete. Shawn's was the third known cart.

Chris Romero (mine): Boxed, complete. Mine was the second known cart and the first one know to be complete.

Edited by Vectrexer

Ok folks, while not an Atari item, I do have a private (personal) auction of an item that is as infamous for the Vectrex console as Chase the Chuckwagon is the 2600.

FYI, Chase has gone WAY down in the last 5 years. It's only worth about $50 bucks now, Mr. Boston however is one that has done just the oposite with keeping it's value and speculated to be able to sell for a very large sum of $$$. best of luck with your sale although you don't need any luck when selling a R10. :)

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Little update here for you folks keeping records.

High offer:

$2000.00 (with a possibility to throw in another item into the mix to greatly sweeten the deal.)

Backup offer:

$1000.00

The backup offer is classified as a 100% confirmed offer of last resort if everything else falls through. However this offer is several levels down from the other high bids before having to be considered. The backup offer itself is so impressive I thought it deserved a mention and a thanks.

Still taking offers for the Vectrex Mr. Boston package at this time

This information below represents reliable people with confirmed offers.

People interested: 13

End Date: July 5, 2006 (* see auction close note)

End: Time: 0700 PST, USA, GMT-8 (* see auction close note)

High offer:

$2200.00 (**)

(Last high cash offer shown. A Previous offer with hardware item included also offered)

Backup offer:

$1000.00 with a possibility of another special cart (**)

The backup offer is classified as a 100% confirmed offer of last resort if everything else falls through. However this offer is several levels down from other bids before having to be considered. The backup offer itself was made early on and is so impressive (and nice) I thought it deserved a mention and a "Thank You!" in this thread.

* Close time note:

In the traditional end of the auction style, then end of the auction will be followed by final call for offers three times. These calls will be placed 4 hours apart to allow other time zones the chance to respond. At the end of the final call (#3) with no other responses then the final offer will be considered as the winning offer. Please people, do not drag this thing out for days after the actual close time.

**As noted earlier in this thread I am willing to consider other special

Vectrex or Vertibird offered as part of the deal.

Sincerely,

Chris

cromero at romero dot org

I'd really (and I mean REALLY) would like to know the story behind this game. The fact that it's a production eprom says that either Mr. Boston's had alot of money to throw around (like Coca Cola did with the 2600 cart), or there's a stockpile of these somewhere waiting to be discovered. No one makes 5 masked roms unless they're insane (or rich).

That being said, I'd love to get my hands on this game. Too bad I don't have the dough right now.

Tempest

Will be posting pics tonight.

Even though I have small amount of posts here I have been around in Vectrex land for a while. I run www.Vectrex.com as well as providing the meat of the Vectrex and Virtual Boy displays in the museum exhibit area, plus the Vectrex and Virtual Boy machines on the game tables at the past past Classic Gaming Expo (CGExpo) shows.

If you want to look up some other history then consult this link on eBay.

eBay Member Profile: vectrexed

You can look for me just about any other R.G.V. post with "cromero" in it. I stopped lurking on the newsgroups in general an started posting around 1994 under one email address or another. And on BBS networks before that.

Enjoy these other links in the meantime:

Mr. Boston Offer info in R.G.V. via Google Groups

Mr. Boston Offer info in R.G.V. via VectrexForum.com

Digital Press site posting about the Mr. Boston offering (similar to the Atari Age thread)

Vectrex Forum site posting about the Mr. Boston offering (Similar to the Atari Age thread)

If you dont want to wait then have a look here as these pics are the same item a few years back. The Mr. Boston pack is in basically the same shape as it was then.

Enjoy :)

Edited by Vectrexer

People interested: 13

End Date: July 5, 2006 (* see auction close note)

End: Time: 0700 PST, USA, GMT-8 (* see auction close note)

High offer:

$3000.00 (**)

(Last high cash offer shown. A Previous offer with hardware item included also offered)

Backup offer:

$1000.00 with a possibility of another special cart (**)

The backup offer is classified as a 100% confirmed offer of last resort if everything else falls through. However this offer is several levels down from other bids before having to be considered. The backup offer itself was made early on and is so impressive (and nice) I thought it deserved a mention and a "Thank You!" in this thread.

* Close time note:

In the traditional end of the auction style, then end of the auction will be followed by final call for offers three times. These calls will be placed 4 hours apart to allow other time zones the chance to respond. At the end of the final call (#3) with no other responses then the final offer will be considered as the winning offer. Please people, do not drag this thing out for days after the actual close time.

**As noted earlier in this thread I am willing to consider other special

Vectrex or Vertibird offered as part of the deal.

Sincerely,

Chris

Mr. Boston auction status posted on http://www.Vectrex.com

Phase: Last call 3 of 3, Round 3

Attention! This sale will complete at 15:00 AM 7/6/2006 (GMT -8) unless anothe bid is recevied!

This auction was extended to 03:00 PM 7/6/2006 (GMT -8) due to a higher bid being offered.

New close time in 12 hours barring any higher offers.

Mr. Boston Status - Closed and Final 15:00 PST 7/6/2006 (GMT -8)

Winning offer:

$3400.00 cash plus a boxed Bandai Vectrex

Boxed Bandai images:

http://www.vectrex.com/Images/MRB-BandaiIn...iInclusion.html

Here are some quick pictures of the winners' Mr. Boston package:

Mr. Boston Images: http://www.vectrex.com/Images/MrB/MrBoston.html

Congratulations to the winner! I will allow the winner to self acknowledge their ownership of the Mr. Boston Package when they desire.

A special thank you to everyone who made offers for the Vectrex Mr. Boston package. We definitely have tenacious Vectrex bidders who don't go donw without a fight!

Thanks to all who participated and who were watching in the wings. I appreciate everyone of you who are a part of our fine Vectrex community!

Here are some quick pictures of the winners' VectrexMr. Boston package:

Mr. Boston Images: http://www.vectrex.com/Images/MrB/MrBoston.html

Alternate threads on this topic can be found at the locations below:

R.G.V via Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.v...20cd0acf7f6f851

R.G.V via Vectrex Forum: http://www.vectrexforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=142

Digital Press posting about the Mr. Boston offering: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88129

Vectrex Forum posting about the Mr. Boston offering: http://www.vectrexforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=149

Sincerely,

Chris

(P.S.: In the very unlikely chance this deal does not complete the next highest offer will be accepted.)